Help with G60 brakes.

heartagram

kam do you just need calipers and not carriers??

Ive got calipers which are just sat in a box doing nothing. As i kept the standard ones when did the conversion.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah just GTI calipers. What brakes you got on yours like?

How much you gonna sell me them for then? Remember all the good times..... :lol:

I had to buy some Sport pads today, cause there is so little meat on mine I feel really unhappy driving about with them like that. Only £20 so can't really argue.

Im running gti calipers on the loop as i have the 280mm upgrade so all ive used is the g60 carriers...so i have g60 calipers in the box not loop ones. IS that what your after as app you can use the whole lot so ive seen. I may not be 100% correct though.

Edited by andyp

fitted my g60 brakes today took about an hour altogether anyone else find that it feels like the pads aren't clearing the discs for the first few miles mine smell of burning brakes and make a loud screeching sound (like your driving on the rummble strips) if you brake lightly before braking is this caused because the 280mm discs are wider should i grind a few mm off the pads and refit them??? either way i haven't really pushed them that hard but they are wicked from the short use i have had i reckon i could stoppie it if the front bumper wasn't so low lol

sorted out the knocking and the rumbling noise i didn't go back to tighten the carriers to the hub dohh spot on now good luck with your conversion heartagram now i think about it it's no more work than changing your discs and pads really because the carriers have to come off for that anyway don't know why i haven't done it before

Aye but I'll have to take the calipers off as well. Cause mine don't go around the G60s. I'll probably bleed the lot and put all new fluid in.

Anyone know how much fluid you need to fill a Lupo? Fluid is so cheap at Volkswagen.

Doesn't the sport have the same brake setup as the GTi?

If so you should be able to use your current calipers and just use new carriers and discs.

Although saying that, Al (nfbr) did the upgrade on his sport TDi which again has the same brake setup and didn't require calipers. Might be worth seeing what he has to say about it too maybe?

glad you got it sorted dude i went for drilled discs from gsf and standard pads having take them on track on thursday i must say the most clearly effective mod i've done on the car so far from 110mph i was braking within a few feet of westfields and a good few meters ahead of the 105gti i was racing was breaking a good 10-15 meters before me and they barely overheated i reckon i would have deffinately struggled on my standard brakes at cadwell it is very hard on the brakes

I went for Zimmerman discs (GSF) and Mixtex extreme pads and flushing out the whole system today.

I've not really tested them out properly yet but someone braked hard in front of me yesterday. stamped on the brakes and nearly put myself through the windscreen.

Ended up costing me more than I expect, but it seems like a worth while mod.

my brake pads are nearly gone already is this normal surely not they've only been on for a week i suspect by the time i get back from lemans they'll be about ready for change will uprated pads last any longer

• 1 month later...