screen wiper stalk sticky

Hi, my windscreen wiper stalk is pretty sticky and it causes the wipers to stop midway sometimes and it seems overly hard to push it upwards on to continual and tropical storm speeds. Any ideas, thinking on just getting a new one?

Also when i touch the rear wiper button it occasionally stays on forever, am i doing something silly here?

Cheers

I have a similar problem.....my wipers just seem to make this horrible sound when i use them it sreeches across even when its raining at 1st i thought it was because the wipers were dirty or something but turns out i get that horrible sound when it rains as well :(....does that mean the wipers need changing or is it the wiper motor itself?

the back wiper yes it happens to me it wipes a good 3 times after i turn it off for some reason

I have a similar problem.....my wipers just seem to make this horrible sound when i use them it sreeches across even when its raining at 1st i thought it was because the wipers were dirty or something but turns out i get that horrible sound when it rains as well :(....does that mean the wipers need changing or is it the wiper motor itself?

the back wiper yes it happens to me it wipes a good 3 times after i turn it off for some reason

Well if your wipers are not gliding over the windscreen properly then you prob just need new ones. When did you last replace them?

Im not sure about the rear wiper blade but when its wet mine continues to run until i turn the car off, it seems like when i push the button in on the end of the stalk that it stays compressed even tho i know its not. Electrical fault im thinking, i reckon il just see about getting a new stalk altogether. Thing id VW will proper sting me for one im guessing.

Cheers

You probably need new wipers on the front to cure the screetching problem. Wipers should ideally be replaced every year :)

By the rear one, you mean after the button is out the wiper is still going? Does the wiper stay on the intermittent setting or continous?

Just to check, you know the rear wiper button is a switch, you push it and it clicks then the wiper stays on and you push it again and the button comes back out and it turns off? If you just lightly press it it will just do one wipe. :blush:

Ocassionally my wipers play up, say if i wash the front window then the back one will do a few wipes as well :blink: Mind of its own :lol:

I had a similar problem, my wipers (wash actually) would come on on their own intermittently and also the rear one.

Turns out it was the stalk that was faulty and they were only £30+Vat from the stealers, can't remember the part no.

D

I had a similar problem, my wipers (wash actually) would come on on their own intermittently and also the rear one.

Turns out it was the stalk that was faulty and they were only £30+Vat from the stealers, can't remember the part no.

D

Awesome thanks folks, will try the switch thing actually, figured i might just be being silly there.

Tho still might replace the stalk if they are only 26 quid cause im not convinced it feels right.

I haven't found one yet and im assuming you prob don't get such a thing but LUPO HAYNES MANUAL??

Cheers

Awesome thanks folks, will try the switch thing actually, figured i might just be being silly there.

Tho still might replace the stalk if they are only 26 quid cause im not convinced it feels right.

I haven't found one yet and im assuming you prob don't get such a thing but LUPO HAYNES MANUAL??

Cheers

Oh ye and could someone direct me to where i can buy a clublupo sticker or two?

Cheers

No Haynes Manual (or other manual) for the Loop I'm afraid - though the Haynes Manual for the Polo (be sure its the same 'Mark' date) might be an alternative? Otherwise, you can get CD-ROMs off ebay that cover the Lupo and all VW/Audis/Seats - mine was £10. Bif of a faff to set up on your PC but for less than £10, pretty handy with all the diagrams and instructions. The stalk thing is common - given the amount of functions on that stalk, its not suprising they break or go a bit AWOL. Expecting mine to go soon.