bmc dyno test

payna

ive just been looking at the bmc graph for the polo gti:

VWPolo1.6GTI.jpg

could sombody give an explination of how to read it in bhp??

i think that getting the bhp figure from ps u just knock `2-3` off but it says with the standard airbox its 132 ps??

and whats the kw all about?

cheers

andrew

Taken from the VW website...

PS (or Pferdestärken) is the metric equivalent of horsepower.

To convert from metric to imperial horsepower, divide the PS figure by 1.0139.

So according to the above info...

ORIGINAL = 132.6 PS ~ 130.8 bhp

BMC = 138.2 PS ~ 136.3 bhp

thats what i thought it was,

...just not sure bout the kw bit on the left hand side of the graph?? :?

the polo gti is the same engine as loop gti? is the polo beef'd up a bit more to get it up to 130 bhp standard? coz the loop is only 125 aint it?

i think a quality air filter such as the bmc or a pipercross viper with a decent cold air feed (like mine) together with a cat back stainless zorst should give power figures of around `142-145` bhp

might get it rolling roaded locally and post the results.

for those who didnt see my cold air feed it's a few 65mm diameter silicone hoses leading down to the bottom of the front bumper to the small opening of mesh in the gti.

i did used to have the cold air feed leading into the drivers side wing but because i dont have no inner arches (due to 17's) some quite large stones used to be picked up by the pipe and build up infront of the filter.

yeah check out Poobahs car in readers rides for the viper kit, and gargoil and M1 Lupo have all got forced air cold feeds into BMCs, gargoil is doing `140-144` BHP but also has ported and polished so not sure, i would expect 138 bhp with the cda

although mine runs a bit slow... sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

ive got warrant work to be done on my car next wednesday... i wanted it in this week but the ******* dealer is taking the piss. so i will prob not be fitting it until after then :x

you will have to let me know how u get on with the rolling road!

i dont think il be going down the samco route myself, just a cheepo bit from halfords or sumthin! :oops: