Brand New Lupo

broom

I am looking to buy a brand new lupo GTI, but i want to get the leather pack (who can resist leather)

does n e one here have the leather pack, if so is it worth it and have u any pictures

i dont want to part with the cash only to be disapointed and wish'ed id paid for it to be retrimmed instead

cheers people

I got the leather mate and I love it, the heated seats are ace

2.5 years now and still looking and smelling good

One downside is the Isofix seat mounts in the rear. When you fold the rear bench down fully and put any weight on it, it leaves indent marks on the leather, which I imagine with cloth pops right out, so erm I err don't fold the back seats down. This would be an issue with aftermarket too

Mind you I didn't buy the Lupo to carry large objects though biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Whether or not you should get an aftermarket retrim is another argument

You would get a choice of colour at least, could have some nice piping

I also think the seats are a (slightly) different shape, as everyone elses car I've sat in the seats feel wider and higher

If I could have afforded the hefty price tag I'd have gone for it, but honestly, after a few months of ownership, it hasn't made one difference, though I'd imagine bum warmers would be nice in winter.

Check with your dealer, when I took my car in to have the front bumber looked at he said that getting new GTi's was 'near impossible'. Don't know how true that is though.

I was really impressed by how well Twisty's leather has aged (or rather, hasn't aged!)

The cloth does get indent marks in it too - I had the seats down for about 3 days solid once, and it took about 2 weeks before the seats finally recovered! Thought the marks were there to stay :oops:

QUOTE(broom)
near impossible to buy a new one??  

dont tell me theve made/making a set amount only? i was goin to buy second hand, but would rather go out and out and get brand new with leather!!

When I bought mine, the dealer used a nice little tactic of claiming that production would be ending soon, I took it with a severe pinch of salt, however, after the uninsured badger hit my bumper and left the scene of the accident I took it into a dealer I was near (not the one I bought it from). While a spanner monkey was looking at it I was making idle chit chat with one of the salesmen and he seemed to think that the only ones left were the ones in the system. This was in May sometime, not sure on the accuracy of that, as we all know what dealers are like.

Do check with your dealer first, don't just take my word for it. And don't forget, there will still be cars 'in the system', cars that are brand new, but already built and specced and in storage.

Production *is* ending soon....very soon infact.

Bear in mind that the new Lupo is practically on the doorstep - its even out in some countries? I'm sure its on the mexican VW site - and I heard they were killing the old one off towards the middle of this year, or late this year.

If your looking to buy new, I woudln't hang around. All GTi's are made to order anyway I'm sure, as there is a 3 month waiting period. Have a word with your dealer....but dont take their word as gospel...wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />