Hello

lupo16

Hi all at club Lupo!

I am just about to purchase an X reg Lupo 16v sport.

There have one or two questions about this car as I went to check it out today ;

Firstly the heater in the car does not seem to work as well as it should...ie it works when doing 60/70mph or above but goes completely cold during town driving or stationary. The temp guage sits at 90 degrees where it should do & the car runs fine with no odd noises.

Secondly the clutch pedal seems to be pretty stiff with a biting point pretty close to the floor. Is this common.....or could this mean a new clutch?

The car has only done 55,000 miles with regular servicing and has had the water pump & cambelt done recently.

Many thanks in advance....look forward to hearing from you.

Welcome :)

Not sure about the heater, is the fan working properly?

Heavy clutch pedal isnt good on a sport, it can cause pedal box issues.

You could try adjusting the clutch to see if the bite can be raised. If not it might be new clutch time ....

Welcome :)

Not sure about the heater, is the fan working properly?

Heavy clutch pedal isnt good on a sport, it can cause pedal box issues.

You could try adjusting the clutch to see if the bite can be raised. If not it might be new clutch time ....

Yes the fan seems to be working fine on all speeds just does not seem to respond to the temperature regulator when idiling/slow speeds.

Yeah the clutch definately needs looking - ant idea how this can be adjusted?

Cheers again!

When you look at the gearbox under the bonnet you will see the clutch cable on top. It will have a black plastic thing on the end with two nuts, one being the locking nut.

Undo the locking nut and try winding the other one way and then try the clutch, see which way you need to adjust it. One way will make the bite higher, one will make it lower, carnt remember which way is higher now.

Be careful not to grind the gears when your trying the clutch!

Ahh another X reg 16v Sport. :wacko:

On the 3rd day of ownership my temp gauge was sitting at 90 and it started blowing out cold air (which i didn't notice until the engine warning light came on). Engine overheated and the cause was a broken water pump.

Make sure the cam belt, tensioners and water pump have been done. If so now is the time to change them and prevent yourself from blowing the headgasket.

My clutch was also heavy and the biting point was at the top of the pedal. Is the pedal squeaky by any chance?

-Nick-