Best products for the Pug

Ok Guys need ya help, gotta get the Pug up to Festival standard, gotta get the Red paintwork red again, and the gray plastic black.

Any ideas?

I used back to black before and wasn't very impressed, any other products around?

Ive never used `T-Cut` or the like before so some advice would be good also...

back to black is crap IMO

you car get black wax stuff from halfords.... small black bottle with yellow and black label - its a black gunk. put loads on, then buff off! its the best thing i have used

i would use proper mans `t-cut` not the 'colour restorer' that u buy for the colour of your car.... again put it on like wax - wax on wax off as they say. you rub it on - not too much pressure and has to be even, then rub it off - you will see the paint on the cloth!

then you wash it, and must wax it as its not sealed. it will work a treat on a red car, as long as it hasnt been t cut too much already, in which case there might not be enough paint to t cut!!

well thats my experience any way

Thanks mate, I'll give it a try tonight, I remember my mate used black boot polish on his bumpers once, came up really good.

The rest of the car isnt bad, the bonnet has faded loads, and the roof is getting bad also.

• 2 weeks later...

Tigz, I guess this is miles too late... but on me old pugs I used to use either Mer polish & Exterior Plastics Gel - it came up a treat. Autoglym used to do a greeny sorta plastics gel that was almost as good. All the plastics went from that faded grey to shiny black! (tho, I think the all the plastics were made darker in '90 models on).