Mudflaps

Dicky 4 Arosa!!!

Hello all,

rather like the shots of Cardaft's Arosa with the mudflaps on :shades: - and REALLY like the idea of keeping the back of the car clean for longer than half a mile! Seriously, you wash and polish the car so it looks beautiful and the back end is immediately filthy (is that just living in the countryside or a general problem?) I'm really struggling to avoid washing it twice a week! (I like to keep my baby beautiful! :wub: )

Anyway, how do u fit the flaps - any major drilling of body work etc to worry about?

Any very useful person have the part numbers either?

Cheers

Dicky

P.S. Are Arosas meant to have a 12yr anti rust guarantee? Mine has got some slightly rusty stone chips on the bonnet edge - is the dealer obliged to fix or will they weasel out of it? They don't bother me, but if it's free...

Why thank you :)

I think they look very smart, so even if they keep your car no cleaner (which i think they might do a little) they do finish the car off very nicely imo.

There is no need to drill or anything. You simply remove the two existing screws that hold on your arch liners, pop the mudflaps on place and then those screws go through the mudflap and back into their holes. VEry very easy.

Although the front ones have a little clip that can be a pain to get on but its again no drilling required.

Since i try to be helpful these are the part numbers:

Front: 6H0075111A - £23

Rear: 6H0075101SE - £32.50

I got them from the seat website so they should be right :)

They are for the MK2 Arosa btw, i think yours is a mk2 yeah?

Did you ever get any mk2 14" alloys btw?

As for the rust they are covered for 12 years, but since they are chips its probable that they will just put it down to damage. Although they shouldnt be rusting! Might be worth taking it in to see what they say.

Yes mine's a Mk2, and I have got the alloys on... they make it look so much nicer!

Thanks very much for the part numbers and fitting advice. Hopefully they will finish the car off a bit. (R those prices for the pair? If not, i need to get saving!)

Don't get me wrong, the spots are not bubbling or anything but just clearly rust colour not met grey!

I'm gonna wash it on wednesday afternoon if the weathers ok, so after that il attempt to get some photos on the forum and share my SUPER-SEAT :rolleyes:

Cheers

p.s. I know the figures suggest the 1.0i is very slow, but on the B roads I know well, I can catch virtually anything up no trouble - just rev the **** out of it! Lol

Yes mine's a Mk2, and I have got the alloys on... they make it look so much nicer!

Thanks very much for the part numbers and fitting advice. Hopefully they will finish the car off a bit. (R those prices for the pair? If not, i need to get saving!)

Don't get me wrong, the spots are not bubbling or anything but just clearly rust colour not met grey!

I'm gonna wash it on wednesday afternoon if the weathers ok, so after that il attempt to get some photos on the forum and share my SUPER-SEAT :rolleyes:

Cheers

p.s. I know the figures suggest the 1.0i is very slow, but on the B roads I know well, I can catch virtually anything up no trouble - just rev the **** out of it! Lol

Those prices and part numbers are for the pair :) You should get them for £40 for the full set if you ask for a bit of discount they usually give 10% just by asking.

I was supposed to take some pics of my mudflaps for someone on seatcupra.net but ive forgotten, so when i do if you need to see how they are fitted then let me know and ill send them to you. Pretty straight forward but it sounds like his dealer has got him the wrong parts.

Oh right, i have a few chips but they arent showing signs of rust, it might be something you want to get checked out anyway, if the dealer doesnt think its a warranty thing then it might be best to fill in the chips with a little touch up to stop the rust, shouldnt spread but might make it look a little tidier. Either that or get the front resprayed which i plan to do at some point.

I happen to think the 1.0 is a very good engine. Youve probably noticed ive got a 1.0 as well as my TDi, and i really like driving my 1.0, its got more pull than people might think. Its obviously not quick but its good enough and drives nicely, being light its really chuckable! Its the ideal town car too, much better to drive around town than my TDI is. Although i dont know about catching things up, would take a bit of doing ;)

Look forward to the pics! :)

just had a new back plate made up will put on after next clean!

I wouldn't mind getting a centre exit exhaust system or lowering it slightly but will only do these as parts need replacing. I would rather sort out a few dents/scrapes on sides (by prev. owner). Is it cheapish to colour-code lower bumper parts - think they would look bit neater. Got my new gearknob (lupo sport) coming on wed, and want MUDFLAPS of course! :rolleyes:

Sounds good, although im not a fan of the colour coding.

Nice trims btw :coffee: so you have your alloys on now?

Its small things like the gearknob, mudflaps, polo rear wiper etc that make a big difference imo.

*cough* sticker out of back window! *cough* :lol:

Polo rear wiper... I'm intrigued. Why? How much?

Also known as an aero wiper, you can get retro fit ones so they go straight on or,

get a genuine one, these are on ebay for about 22 quid with P&P.

If going on your seat you'll have to cut the blade down (right hand edge)

by about 10mm otherwise they are to long

this is what they look like (just put this one on mine :blush: )

DSC00327.jpg

Get a Passat Estate rear wiper, its exactly the same as the polo one but its shorter so no need to trim it down - as thats a bit of a pain as you need to cut more holes for the end cap to fit back on.

Both of mine have the passat estate rear wiper :)

Same price as the polo one too.

See HERE

:D

I say... tres posh aren't they! :coffee:

So I would need to buy the following for "POLO LOOK":

6Q6 955 435 B 01C (cap)

6Q6 955 707 A (arm)

3C9 955 425 (blade)

Having briefly looked at the bay of e, you can get an aftermarket aero blade for £8 delivered (designed for Arosa) - is the whole set-up worth the extra? I agree the arm looks much better, but £20 extra.

I learnt in a new Corsa and the aero blades on the front of that worked brilliantly - can you get front ones for Arosa?

I will have to choose wipers or mudflaps for now - I'm not made of money! Which is more important in the eyes of forum? :confused:

I say... tres posh aren't they! :coffee:

So I would need to buy the following for "POLO LOOK":

6Q6 955 435 B 01C (cap)

6Q6 955 707 A (arm)

3C9 955 425 (blade)

Having briefly looked at the bay of e, you can get an aftermarket aero blade for £8 delivered (designed for Arosa) - is the whole set-up worth the extra? I agree the arm looks much better, but £20 extra.

I learnt in a new Corsa and the aero blades on the front of that worked brilliantly - can you get front ones for Arosa?

I will have to choose wipers or mudflaps for now - I'm not made of money! Which is more important in the eyes of forum? :confused:

Go for the mudflaps, they will make it look much better imo. :shades:

As for arro wipers...... You can go the whole hog and buy the GTi wiper arms and wipers, i think that lot is about £80! i think!. But for that you will get the proper aero style, like, dare i say it!, the corsas. Or you can buy a set or aftermarket aero blades for about £15-£20.

I got some for the front of mine, VW sell aftermarket sets for the front so i got some of those having tired some ebay ones and finding them not very good. The VW ones are good but take some bending - to the shape of the windscreen. They were £17 i think for the front pair.

Now in all honesty they are not as good as the proper ones it should have on. The proper VW ones not aftermarket ones. You can tell if you have the original VW blades as the passeneger side one should have a curve in it. But aero ones do look better so thats why i have them.

I did look at the rear aero ebay one ages ago. But having got one for our caravelle the blade looks really bulky so would look silly on the small rear screen. If get the proper Polo one, thats works a treat!

Go and order the mudflaps, then when you get some extra cash get the wipers :) Aslong as your current wipers are working fine of course!

Thanks very much.

On another issue, is headlamp misting up a normal issue - that's the only "faulty" thing on the Arosa at the moment - I don't need a new one do I? It hasn't caused a major problem, it just irritates me seeing it all misted up!

I'l get calling the Seat stealer about the mudflaps today! :rolleyes:

Thats a common-ish thing.

Usually when driving in heavy rain with mine, but only very ocassionally.

Have you checked that both clips are holding the backs of your headlight on properly? If they are then try leaving a clip off for a bit to see if it dries out, maybe us a hairdryer to dry it then securely fasten the clips again.

Thanks.

Urgent urgent urgent!!!! :confused: how the bloody hell does the gearnob come off???? I can't find anyhting that does loosen with a screwdriver. feels like the little git is welded on !!! :lol:

Help asap (want to change it before dinner!!! :lol:

cheers all