wheels bounce up and down when the wheels slip

I got fuel savers so my wheels slip nearly all the time in the wet and ice, it wont always judder, just sometimes.

I inspected the passenger top side engine mount as that was the only one I could see in the dark. I turned it 7 360 degree turns clockwise. It was uber loose. :wacko: Possible cause of the juddering?

I haven't inspected the rest of them yet but my car did seem a bit firmer in terms of road handling after tightening the one up. Do you think the rest are loose?

I know soft suspension would definitely not help in this situation. Other than that, that's all I can think of.

Any help appreciated.

-N-

Edited by Niche

You mean it judders when your wheel is spinning?

Some cars just do that, although its often the case with rear drive cars.

Could mean that either there is some play in something or some bushes need replacing.

At a guess anyway.

I tell you what, you think firestones are bad. I tried Dunlops today, they are so bad, id have got more grip if id have been running on the rims! Sliding all over, wheel spinning when pulling away normally and locking the wheels when braking normally. I couldnt believe it.

Although it was very cold so might have been a tad icey, but my tyres didnt do that :lol:

Edited by cardaft

Well I was braking earlier this evening and I went over a slight dip and my back wheels locked up thus causing the tail to spin out slightly. Thankfully I know how to drive so I was fine but yeah, a combination of absolutely shi** tyres and icy weather. :wacko:

I'll finish tightening up those engine mounts tomorrow in case my engine decides to fall out !

I do plan for some descent tyres and a thicker anti-roll bar kit with bushes in May.

Until then I think the cold weather is just making life absolutely shi** for all of us...especially the cars.

-N-

Edited by Niche

Agreed the Dunlops are sh!te, wheelspinning all the way up to 3rd today on the slippy roads. In the dry they are not so bad but i cant wait to get better tyres on the car.

The car is easy to handle on coilies mind, very predictable and easy to correct, but those Dunlops loose you alot of grip/speed.

The SP 9000's are great but i dont know what Dunlop thought they were doing with the 2000's

The SP 9000's are great but i dont know what Dunlop thought they were doing with the 2000's

Nope nor me, although i dont know what VW were doing fitting them in the first place :lol: They are dangerous!

On a side note, still suspension related i think: why would the back of a car want to slide round (oversteer style). Mine seems to be doing it more recently, more than normal anyway. I was wondering if its maybe my rear shockers on their way out :confused:

Edited by cardaft

My dads avensis is only 4 years old and the both the rear shocks have gone on that already. :wacko:

At least I got some coilies tucked under my bed in case worse comes to worse but i planned on selling them as I have other mods in mind.

Still debating about whether to put federals on my kyalami's or to put them on my RA's. I think if I put the RA's on I'm going to have to lower the car otherwise it aint gonna look rite. :blink:

I've seen a mk1 Arosa with RA's but its going to look much different at the front of my lupo with them on.

Maybe if I take off the side strips it would look better.

If your tyres become uneven than your shocks are worn out.

-N-

I got the rear shockers replaced under warrenty on my 1.0 arosa when it was about two and a half. So its very possible that the TDi's are on their way out.

Ive been noticing it stepping out more at the back for a few months.

Ive just got new rear tyres so will be a while before i notice them wearing oddly.

Although i did buy some 14" steel wheels not that long ago and the rear tyres were like 50p pieces :lol: so ive replaced them.

Might price some shockers then :wacko:

It depends if you still want your kyalami's for winter use, then id say get tyres for those.

Well I planned on fitting the RA's and just leaving them be all year round. I can't keep spare wheels as I have no where to store them.

I think the RA's would look fine on a black lupo tbh, just requires some lowerage. Would probably be the first owner of a lupo lowered on RA's. :blink: Now all I need is a Polo Coupe S badge to replace the silly 16V badge.

-N-