US look

jcarroll

My brother has started to collect parts to turn is Corrado 2.0 16v into a US look with indicators in the bumpers and small plate recess etc ...i want a piece of the action!!

Did they ever release the arosa or lupo in the states, i think it could look real sweet with a small plate and bits on it. feck the Euro look i want a US Arosa.

P.s Please dont steal my thoughts....they dont come very often and you dont know how proud i felt when i had this brain wave lol

Edited by jcarroll

I've looked into it, and as far as I can find out they were never released over the waters (I know this because I want to take mine with me when I leave, but because they were never approved for use in the states there are all sorts of problems :( Poo)

You could create your own version of the US look though, mod the bumpers yourself, pick bits and pieces you like the look of that match the style of the other VW US releases :)

I know the GTI was available in Japan, unsure on the rest of the Lupo range (Im sure it will have been) although I have tried to source parts from Japan before and it's hard to say the least!

So as Nic suggested, would be best to do most of it in the body shop, oh and not wanting to piss on your "original" bonfire but shorten plate recesses have been done (successfully) by a few CL members already.

Good luck!

I know about the number plate thing already having been done but was it in the bumper or the boot lid. I was thinking that i could put the indicators in the bumpers like on corrados and do something with the back. I wana do something special with it but its just coming up with a plan.

Oh and i will set shaun the sheep on the first person who tells me to give up and just buy a corrado. lol...i love my Arosa. Apparantly its last owner nicknamed it Arnie??? hmm