can i do it?

mdubgti

ok so i turn 19 in september. i've been looking at GTI's for ages now and im reeeeeeallly wanting to get one! come febuary i will have one years no claims but ive got quite a bad crash to declair. do you think its possible for me to get insured before febuary or should i wait?? max id like to pay is about 1800 on insurance! i may have to get a tracker fitted to lower the insurance a little bit and maybe consider this pass plus motorway thing? lol parently it knocks 30% off your insurance.

what do you guys think?

at 20 I had a years no claims on a grp 13 106gti and was only paying about £900, lupi gti is only grp11 so should definitly be able to get it under 1800 if you shop around and don't live in a gheto laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> and i even had 3 points at the time too lol. £1100 for my group 20 now 8) just need to last till the end of the year to get my no claims protected now.

Try Admiral and Elephant ... im was 21 with 0 ncb when i took out my cover and only paid £900 with Admiral.

Also add your parents onto the policy. My original quote was about £1100 but adding them as named drivers knocked £200 off smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think you should get it for under £1800

Also i think pass plus makes the biggest difference in the first year of driving ... after that it tends to have less of an effect.

ok i have a massive crash and 2 years no claims and i cant get insured on a mk1 gti 1.8

just try hun... insurance companies change there minds all the time it seems...

look at vw specific companies too!!

have you tried clasic insurance for your MK1, bet you could get it for about £500 if you said you'd keep it under 5000 miles a year or something like that. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I was insured on an Ibiza Cupra when I was 21 with 0NCB for 1800. OK, I had no claims, but I reckon you should easily get insurance on the Lupo for less than that if you shop around - the Ibiza was group 16, lupo is only group 11.

My insurance costs 860 quid at 22 with 1NCB.

Nah, tracker does very little to reduce premiums - the only reason to get one `insurance-wise` is that some cars are hard to get insurance on at all without a tracker. My parents had to get one on their Corrado VR6 Storm when they bought that (back when they were still made).

I've also never had an insurance company willing to knock more than a few quid off for pass plus. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

good, build up some more no claims and it will be okay, admiral do a no claims booster with 10months for a years worth, costs a little more but probably worth it. always a decent drop at 21 and 25 so you'll get it eventually smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

they should do the amount of money I've paid out their way laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

still chuffed mine is so low, sure it must be a mistake but i'm not going to query it laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> next nearest quote was about £600 more and that was with a £500 excess laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />