no power problem

tervit

iv had this problem for a wee while and blaimed it on the old manifold as it was blowing but just got car back today with new 4branch and sports cat fitted , the car has no power it gos to about 4k and continues to rev but ther is no acceleration or speed gain as if the second cam isnt coming on, its just had a new t belt and tensioners but had this problem before that was done.? the engine service light is on but gona get my m8 2 reset it, can any1 help me ??? :confused:

i had this problem more than likely its your throttle cable not getting full throttle is it catching on something like a jubilee clip holding an induction kit on or has the throttle clip slipped

Agree with dubsy, check tour throttle body cable see if your gettin full throttle and you had the body cleaned?? also u had ur plugs an filters changed in the past year or so ?

its just been serviced ect but never got a new fuel filter , am goin to change it 2moro ,doesnt seem like that tho sometimes it will still rev up to 7k but thers no power the 2nd cam isnt coming on, and sometimes it only gos up to 4.5k and tops out like ur hitting the rev limiter, could maybe be in safe mode? does any1 know what can trigger it into safe mode ? how to tell? or how to turn it off? just ad rather check all the little things before i take it 2 vw and get it plugged into the computer lol thanks for the help, and its never had the throttle body cleaned when ive had it , could that be the problem ?

Could well be in limp mode cause the throttle body is rammy. Just whip the body off an clean it off with sum carb cleaner or summat similar.. Did yoo see your old air filter? If so was it oily? If it was...then your throttle body will require a little clean 4 sure yar!!

Can't see a cambelt causing the engine, not to rev. If the timing was out am sure he'd know about it!!!

Dont really know too much about the Lupo, but does it not have an EM system so you can plug into a diagnostic computer and read a fault code?

Sounds to me like its running in limp mode. Sometimes it could be a sinister problem, other times it could be something as silly as the crank sensor/cam sensor was dirty when it was put back after the cambelt change?

I doubt if it would be the fuel filter.

Just trying to think of all the things that would cause limp mode....

Edited by Girl Racer

seriously after i had my gti engine fitted i had wiring issues and my car went into limp mode constantly but would still pull well. I had a problem with my sport engine doing just what yours is and it was the throttle cable sometimes it would rev to the red line others it would only rev to 4000 and no further after making sure the it wasnt fouling on anything and adjusting the cable it was fine

Just cleaning the throttle body does'nt do the trick... It needs to be re-adapted. Done it a few times a work an makes a whole lot of difference. Dont no how yoo would do it not having VAS 5051b. If u dont no any1 with a laptop with VAG software. Book it in 2 a dealer. Adapt it, is just resetting the value block in engine electronics. It can't be much more then a tenner.

Hi, dunno if you have a way of checking but see if its the camshaft adjuster valve.

My GTI has difficulty going over 4000rpm, and its as if its hitting a wall. Took it to VW they diagnosed it as that. hope it helps.

If it is that, they said it'll be about £145 or something close.

Vinny.

Hi,

I had/got this problem with my sport, it sometimes stalls its self when you coast to a stop, it also does hit a wall at 4k's, but seem ok now.....

I did take it to vw and had it on the VAG com, and they couldnt find anything.

Im still stumped with what it could be, would be interested to find out.