Manifold help?

mcbeal_88

recently fitted a raceland 4 branch manifold and now the car doesnt seem right.

driving the car slowly it often stutters low in the rev range, seems to missfire n then it will backfire and pull away as normal.

anyone else had any symptons like this before, or any ideas what i should look at first.

the car had been remappd before the mani was fitted if that could effect anything?

cheers

yer, means your not getting the full performance/power that the mani has to give, which is why people usally wait until they have a mani fitted to get a remap, reccomended.... a new remap as the current one is once again "restricting" (as the basic ecu settings were) because the remap is not setup for the performace of "all the mods" and your mani,

cheers Daz

a couple of times just wen iv been going really slow like coming up to a speedbump in 2nd letting the revs die dwn below 2k and go to accelerate on.it judders for a while n most of the time clears and drives as usual.but a couple of times it judders for about 3/4secs and the check light comes on for a second and goes back off.i know it would drive fine like this before...

Have a check if your brake lights are still working, sounds to me like the brake light switch may be broke which puts it into limp mode which has similar effects to what your describing

checked that its not that..why would the brake lights have anything to do with the running of the car tho?

checked that its not that..why would the brake lights have anything to do with the running of the car tho?

When the brake light switch fails, the EPC light comes on (intermitently sometimes) and the car goes into a limp mode and the car will lose power etc. When it happened on mine I found myself having to change down a gear as the car kept spluttering and juddering.

Once the brake light switch was replaced everything went back to normal.

When the brake light switch fails, the EPC light comes on (intermitently sometimes) and the car goes into a limp mode and the car will lose power etc. When it happened on mine I found myself having to change down a gear as the car kept spluttering and juddering.

Once the brake light switch was replaced everything went back to normal.

get u..another thing i didnt mention is that its not just remapped its a piggyback ecu so am i right in saying that it wouldnt have the learn adaptive features of a standard ecu altering to slight changes....

true mate... like i said, its running the car asif it was before... without the new manifold.... (and anything else?)

so its not gaining the power and capabilities from the new manifold

cheers,

Daz

I had a raceland manifold fitted to mine a few months ago and not had any problems at all. The standard ecu seems to have adjusted itself to suit because for the first day or two it didnt seem too much different but after that there was a huge difference and had it rolling roaded 3 days after fitting and there was a 16bhp difference.

I had a raceland manifold fitted to mine a few months ago and not had any problems at all. The standard ecu seems to have adjusted itself to suit because for the first day or two it didnt seem too much different but after that there was a huge difference and had it rolling roaded 3 days after fitting and there was a 16bhp difference.

thats what i got il need to get it rrd'd n check how its goin im sure i cn get more from it with another map.should hopefully get similar power to urs which wld be nice lol ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...