Most and least MPG?

I get around 155-180 out of a tank of V power round town. Only had the car a couple of months and still go out for random drives for the fun of it! Ive got a service at the VW stealers tomorrow so hopefully a dash of oil may help bring up that figure.

Edited by triax

I'm averaging about 39mpg from my GTI (around 220-230 miles per tank of V Power)...which is pretty good I think.

I mostly do fast A roads to work (with quite a bit of overtaking and gratuitous heel and toe down changes!) and don't tend to get stuck for too long in town, which helps.

I record all my fuel fills here: http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/ and it works out all your costs/mpg etc...

Worst (with the throttle bodies on)

120 miles on a tankful of V-power.

Best (with the throttle bodies on)

245 miles on a tankful of V-power.

I get 38-40mpg: 29 litres does about 240-260 miles. Thats when the light comes on. I've never had worse than that in my GTi, but my driving is about 2/3rds A roads and dual carriageways, 1/3rd 30mph stupid West Brom. "lets walk out infront of a moving car at the junction/lights on green/blind corner in the wet/anywhere there is a hole in the fence I can fit thru to get to the chippie quicker" roads with suspension smashing speed bumps.

.....and I HATE speed bumps.

Well, I've had a touch over 400 miles from a tank in my gti, although to be fair the tank was probably holding 40 litres or so. I think I could do better.

This did involve brimming it, and driving in a particular style in an attempt to get as many miles out as possible.

Piper cross air filter,

The best, 80miles an hour motor way, 260 ,iles to a full tank

Average 150 - 170 depending my right foot

the worst, 110 miles after i put on the pipercross!!

I love my little loop

This is crazy, i read this and think somethings wrong with my car.

I service my car every 3000 miles myself, call me anal but it keeps it top.

I get on a full tank of V-power (about 32-33 litres) on a good run 290 miles and a bad run sees 260

Just been out in the car, im sat at 1/4 tank left and 192 miles on the trip.

I do run the car down to 0 though, havent yet run out of fuel and put in 33 litres in an apparent 36 litre tank.