Alarm

Try pressing the little button behind the drivers seat & see if it still goes off when you've pressed that - that switches off the interior sensors.

ive tried that aswel its stiil going off, cheers any way, any 1else have any suggestions.

We had a problem wit a evo 4 were the bonnet switch had rusted and the same thing was happing. Pop the bonnet and have a browse.

Just an idea

• 2 months later...

Digging up an old thread...

Think Jen has suffered this issue this morning.

Key battery has power, but isn't disarming the alarm, or opening the car. As she was walking away from the car, the alarm triggered.

She's waiting an hour or so before trying the key in the locks.

Any people got any suggestions?

Check your rear washer pipe. if its ever leaked or is leaking, it will leak directly in to the book lock wiring, shorting it and concequently triggering the alarm.

Thats what happened to me. and thats the problem i had,

Easily corrected if its not been leaking for long.

Dit of an air blast out, leave a heater blowing on it for a while and a bit of wd40. if that isnt enough, then a new book lock plug.

john

still have'nt sorted mine out, but when i had a look the other day i found water was running down the passenger door pillar from the sunroof, and leaking into the wires on the left hand side of the footwell. I sorted this problem and dried it out, but the alarm is stiil going off when i use the central locking.

VW's have a problem with there sunroof, dunno if there the same as the golf, but there are two drain lines from the sunroof if they become blocked water will leak in to the car. Apparenly you can blow them out with an air gun.

Untill youve fixed the leak, i doubt your be able to stop your alarm going off.

John

VW's have a problem with there sunroof, dunno if there the same as the golf, but there are two drain lines from the sunroof if they become blocked water will leak in to the car. Apparenly you can blow them out with an air gun.

Untill youve fixed the leak, i doubt your be able to stop your alarm going off.

John

ive cleaned the pipes out with a air hose and re sealed the pipes, but a little bit of water is still coming in occasionaly

Strange, have you checked the seal around the window for damage?

Could be a hard and expensive one to solve if youve left it for a while, never know what the waters done to the electronics in the car.

Hope you can find it. Its definatly a switch thats busted somewhere from the water, shorting out when locking and settgin off the alarm.

john

i will have a look at that 2moro cheers, sometimes the central locking works, but the majority of the time it doesn't

hay guys n girls my alarm go's off for no reson sumtimes and i have to keep unlooking and looking the car till it doesnt go off . put it this was it gets cold at night sorting it out lol .Jace

• 2 months later...

Mine did for a bit.

Water was leaking through the blanking gromet where I removed my rear wiper, down the inside of the boot and onto the electric connecter that operates you 'open boot' light.

I unplugged it, dried it all out, resealed my blanking gromet and reconnected the cable and all has been well. If the problem persists you could disconnect the boot light wire altogether, if that's what is setting the alarm off, just until you figure out how to fix it.

Mine was working until I took the door panel off. Now when I press the remote to lock it, the passenger door locks and then unlocks again on its own. Looks like I need to take the door panel off again.

Is it possible to disconnect the alarm and if so where abouts is it?

cheers

Edited by zippyy