Recommend Me a Sub?

OPS

Hello, I am after a sub for my custom box, I have built a sealed box which is quite small (don't know the exact size) I have about £50.00 to spend on a sub and it wont be overly powered, (I have a 250W sub at the moment). I got outbid on a JL audio sub 125 RMS.

Oh it has to be a 10"

I was thinking audiobahn?

Thanks

Ollie

Edited by OPS

"Recommend me a Sub?"

Meatballs and cheese! :lol:

hi de hi i had a jbl 12 inch sub which was 900 watt and it was powerd by a 400 watt gto jbl amp did the job and sounded good and also had front mounted jbl door speakers hope that helps :coffee:

Edited by scrappy doo

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Infinity-Reference-1...1QQcmdZViewItem

that seems ok to me, hope that helps a little,

rich

this seems pretty good too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIONEER-TS-W257D2-10...1QQcmdZViewItem

try http://www.rmdaudio.co.uk/

bloke i know owns it, he will be doing my install, really helpfull bloke, have a word with him and he will recomed you whats best for the money etc, also good prices,

thanks hope this helps

rich

there is so much wrong with this thread i dont know where to start.

First off you start with a sub, then build a box.

As you have not, then you need to work out how large it is.

Then you need to find a sub which can work in the enclosure you have built.

^ he does have a point, if the box is too small it will sound crap and may blow the sub and same goes for if the box is too big, im getting a box made round my sub, and the the car made round my car ha,

have a word with rik at rmd he will sort you out,

rich

Without meaning to go against whats been said above, for your budget it would definately be worth looking at Infinity 'Reference' series sub. Not fantastic by any stretch of the imagination but they are within your budget & are very durable. I can vouch for this after running 4 in one install with not the best built box in the world & majorly overpowered. They still lasted me 18 months without a single problem before I stripped them out & sold them on.... They were used to replace 4x Alpine budget subs (2 burnt out coils & 1 cone surround failure) ;)

If you keep an eye out on the 'bAY' you should be able to pick up a fairly decent 2nd hand sub which will be much better, just make sure you test it first before you hand your money over!

he will sort you out some quailty gear, he supplys hertz, helix, brax, audison etc etc

The guy only has £50 to spend, that would barely buy a re-cone kit for any of those brands :lol:

Every time I buy a car I change the head unit / source, then fit components up front that are amplified off a dedicated amp. Get the overall sound right first.

Then I buy my bass amp in relative terms to the sub (Wattage RMS and impedance). Build and refine the box... Then in it goes for a good eq session!

You want to listen to what Andi is telling you! When I was doing my GTi for SQ he recommended Crystal subs to me and RE Components. Spot on mate!

I have 150w rms x 2 for the comps and 600w rms for the sub, courtesy of Tru Technologies and Digital Designs amps. The DD gives the Crystal Comp X2 a good spanking! and I custom modded the Tru Technologies amp with audio grade capacitors and 8 x Texas Instruments Burr Brown operational amps. The standard TT sound is absolutely class, but the Burr Brown upgrade made it sing!!

I haven't had the chance to post it on here, but I made a new Digital to Analogue convertor for the car pc and a Valve powered line driver / signal pre amp!