Got two Arosas

northwick

Hi all.

Thought that now I've got two Arosas it would be rude not to introduce myself! Got a couple of questions too.

Photo - arosas.jpg

The red one is a 1.0 S and will shortly be for sale. Its a 2001/Y and has done 55000 miles and has FSH (last service at 46.5k). Its got 4 almost brand new tyres on (3 x BF Goodrich Profilers and 1 x Toyo Roadpro), 11months MOT and 3 months tax. Everything is working and standard for the model - it really is in good nick and I'm gonna be gutted to see it go. First question: what you think is a realistic price?

The bluey white one is a 1.4TDI and I love it so far. Its also a 2001/Y and has done 57000 but has just had a major service done. Paid £2350.

Got a couple of teething problems though that I was hoping you could help with?

1. Rear wash wipe water not coming out properly. I know this is a common problem but I don't get wet seats like others do. Instead I get a puddle around the rear left wheel - I havent had it on a ramp yet but is there anywhere in particular I shall I look for the leak?

2. Reverse light flicker - have just seen on the forums this is also a common problem so will check it tomorrow!

3. Passenger central locking motor isnt working. I can get the lock to lock/unlock by manually moving the pin but the motor has died. It was making the right noises (but not engaging the lock) when I got it but now is totally dead. Is this an easy job to do - whats involved? Anyone know the part number? Also, do I have to replace the grey foamy membrane and sticky black glue stuff underneath the door card (asking partly because it is absolutely knackered and certainly not weatherproof on the driver door)

Think thats it for now. Thanks in anticipation!

Jon

Another person with two arosas! and a 1.0S and a 1.4TDi S too! im amased :lol:

Have you bought the TDI to replace then 1.0?

You got a cracking deal on the TDi, where do people find them so cheaply! Love that colour too.

Really good cars though arnt they, the TDi does nothing but impress.

Price wise for your 1.0S i think in the region of £2000 - £2300, its hard ti price these little things they vary so much.

Afraid i carnt really help you with your problems on your TDi though.

All i can say about the rear washer is the pipe may not be connected in the usual place, behind the passenger side rear door card.

Not heard of the problem with the reverse light, although its probably a bad connection either at the switch end on the gear box or just at the bulb itself.

Not sure about the foam behind the door trim, might be available to buy from the dealer if it has a part number, would think it should have, just about everything does.

Have you tried somehow freeing off the motor, spraying some connection cleaner at it or something? But you will probably need a new motor i think.

Chirs

1. Rear wash wipe water not coming out properly. I know this is a common problem but I don't get wet seats like others do. Instead I get a puddle around the rear left wheel - I havent had it on a ramp yet but is there anywhere in particular I shall I look for the leak?

hi mate , you have managed to develope the only common fault accross the whole range :lol:

what it is the plastic hose that feeds the wash wiper with the washer bottle under the bonnet has a stupid push fit connector that pops undone some times , so each time you go to use the wash wipe , you actually flood the car . how to solve it

fold down the back seat on the back passenger side , prob easier if you remove them completely from the car as you get better access . once you have done that pull the back passenger side door card off . its just push fit connectors so just pull it off ( dont be too violent with it incase you snap the door card :lol: ) . that will then uncover 3 screws ( of if its the same as my wee cousins car push fit pins . remove these and the mount that goes through into the metal body work .

next step , open the boot and you will see the bit where the seat belts come through , thats the bit you need to remove . to get the back of it off , carefully unclip the bit of plasic that overlaps the pannel your removing ( its a click fit , it will unclick but i didnt remove it fully) you will then see two torqs screws ( T25 if i remember rightly ) that will then free the pannel that you need to remove . move the pannel you have just got out of the way and you should see this ( hopefully not all blurred but still , it was 11oclock at night and it was freezing and i was in shorts and tshirt )

DSC00421.jpg

you can see all the wires that were hiding behind the pannel , there generally wrapped in foam , you will see the pipe thats come appart . click the pipe back together ( i used vulcanising rubber tape to hold the joint together to stop it coming appart again ) and i removed the foam so it wouldnt go all foosty and smelly .

rebuild the back of the car

job done and washer pressure will be back again to rear wash wipe . took me about 45mins to an hour to do and a few phone calls to nicola :lol:

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I'm not keeping them both, no. The red one will have to go soonish.

Hope you didnt go out at 11pm in shorts and t shirt to take that photo for me?! If so - thanks! I've just printed it out now so I can have a go at it this afternoon. I'll let you know how I get on.

Anybody else got any ideas on a valuation? Looked at Glasses, WhatCar? and Parkers but theres so much variation... Some real life advice would be great.

Also, any ideas on the central locking motor? Spose I'm better off asking that in the non model specific bit...

Cheers,

Jon

hi mate , you have managed to develope the only common fault accross the whole range :lol:

what it is the plastic hose that feeds the wash wiper with the washer bottle under the bonnet has a stupid push fit connector that pops undone some times , so each time you go to use the wash wipe , you actually flood the car . how to solve it

fold down the back seat on the back passenger side , prob easier if you remove them completely from the car as you get better access . once you have done that pull the back passenger side door card off . its just push fit connectors so just pull it off ( dont be too violent with it incase you snap the door card :lol: ) . that will then uncover 3 screws ( of if its the same as my wee cousins car push fit pins . remove these and the mount that goes through into the metal body work .

next step , open the boot and you will see the bit where the seat belts come through , thats the bit you need to remove . to get the back of it off , carefully unclip the bit of plasic that overlaps the pannel your removing ( its a click fit , it will unclick but i didnt remove it fully) you will then see two torqs screws ( T25 if i remember rightly ) that will then free the pannel that you need to remove . move the pannel you have just got out of the way and you should see this ( hopefully not all blurred but still , it was 11oclock at night and it was freezing and i was in shorts and tshirt )

DSC00421.jpg

you can see all the wires that were hiding behind the pannel , there generally wrapped in foam , you will see the pipe thats come appart . click the pipe back together ( i used vulcanising rubber tape to hold the joint together to stop it coming appart again ) and i removed the foam so it wouldnt go all foosty and smelly .

rebuild the back of the car

job done and washer pressure will be back again to rear wash wipe . took me about 45mins to an hour to do and a few phone calls to nicola :lol:

Spot on with the diagnosis! And really good 'how-to.' Thank you! :shades: The only thing I'd recommend if someone else is doing this is to put it back together in a slightly different order. Join the two grey body pieces back together BEFORE you screw the two torx screws back on - it helps loads with lining up the clips.

Anyone got an idea on a valuation?