Please help..

hi,

I have taken my car to the garage today to have my new koni sport suspension (which cost a fortune and it stated it would fit my car!?!!) fitted to my lupo gti..

When my boyfriend went to pick up the car he started driving it and it didnt feel right so he checked it out and went back to the garage, and my problem is the wheels are now like (sorry best way to describe it) this - / \ anybody have any ideas??

Has anyone had this problem before?

This is costing me time and money :-(

Thanks guys, would appreciate your help..

Charlie x

Its just had its suspension mauled about - its perfectly normal for the alignment to have been knocked out.

Get it aligned and all should be well :) Although its GTi's which have problems getting enough positive camber with some coilovers isn't it?

Edited by lunalupi

They have not fitted your kit in a competent manner, where the struts bolt to the hub there should be elongated bolt holes. You need to undo these two bolts and pull the top of the brake discs out, pushing the bottom of the discs in, then re tighten the bolts.

That will set the camber as positive as possible (which will still be negative no doubt), then get to a garage that can adjust the camber for you.

When we fitted mine (and done the above) it seemed to also dictate the Toe angle. Im not sure, but maybe when you adjust the camber the Toe is affected, and thus needs adjusting to compensate.

Maybe someone else could shed some light on this as i would also like to know.

They have not fitted your kit in a competent manner, where the struts bolt to the hub there should be elongated bolt holes. You need to undo these two bolts and pull the top of the brake discs out, pushing the bottom of the discs in, then re tighten the bolts.

That will set the camber as positive as possible (which will still be negative no doubt), then get to a garage that can adjust the camber for you.

When we fitted mine (and done the above) it seemed to also dictate the Toe angle. Im not sure, but maybe when you adjust the camber the Toe is affected, and thus needs adjusting to compensate.

Maybe someone else could shed some light on this as i would also like to know.

Thanks so much.. very helpful.. yer someone must know a little bit more!!

x

Get that done, when you get it all setup at the garage tell them you want zero toe, tracking dead straight (not biased to the left like they normally would do) and camber as close to 1degree negative as they can get it.

See if you can sit in the car up on the ramp while they do this, because those steering wheel clamps are rubbish.

Get that done, when you get it all setup at the garage tell them you want zero toe, tracking dead straight (not biased to the left like they normally would do) and camber as close to 1degree negative as they can get it.

See if you can sit in the car up on the ramp while they do this, because those steering wheel clamps are rubbish.

thanks alot for all this bin on the phone all morning and just found out that they have sent me the wrong parts

ye the wrong kit i dont understand how they would do that but thats what they have said

The supplyer of the kit told you this ?

You should really have checked that you had the right kit when it was delivered, i did, but then im always a little paraniod about things like that. hindsight is a beautiful thing.

tbh camber on a lupo is seriously hard to get right.

The method I'm going to use is that I'm going to make the bolt holes in the struts slightly wider to enable it to toe in correctly.

It's seriously weird & hard to explain.

The supplyer of the kit told you this ?

You should really have checked that you had the right kit when it was delivered, i did, but then im always a little paraniod about things like that. hindsight is a beautiful thing.

Well we had no idea what they would like anyway!! so when they arrived the box said they were lupo gti sport springs blah de blah and we thought 'great', but it was actually the parts inside the box.. the bolt holes are in the wrong place?!?!

How annoying, so i have new suspension to the rear and old to the front, but jordi fitted my new headunit today.. well chuffed!! :-)

(courtesy and thanks to dougie- decent bloke)

Charlie x