Removing Oil Filter

Having mega trouble getting a stuck oil filter of our 1.0l anyone any pointers on how to get it off its very tight area aswell i have a filter remover but all that has done is miss shaped it anyone any help asap

need to get the car running for tomorrow morning

Ive no idea TBH, is there not a bolt on the end, i carnt remember if 1.0s have them.

Sounds like its been tightened too much last time and its distorted inside maybe. If its still sealed you might just have to leave it, put the new oil in if you have drianed it already, and get a garage to have a look at it then change the filter and oil again.

TRIUMPHANT

got it off this morning :shades:

Used my strap filter wrench and my filter socket that slots over the end and it still wouldnt budge so ended up putting a screwdriver threw it and trying and it bent the screwdriver so i put my plumbing 1000mm long 22mm drill bit through it and that did the trick :wacko: lol

Turned out that they had not put any oil around the seal so it had like welded itself to the engine :angry:

So everyone i worked out best tool after all the proper filter tools is a 1000mm long 22mm wide drill bit was the only thing that budged it

I am going to proper kick off at the dealers today they were the ones who did the last service and i wasnt happy then so i am going to voice my disust at their workmanship

Cheers for the replies

Ollie