Sat Nav/TV advice

Looking at spending around 600 dabs. Seen the streetpilot III and the Navman 620.... Which one is the best or are there any other good products? I've been looking at flip down sun visors/tvs and pull down screens that attach to the roof. is this a yay or a nay any advice would be appreciated.

If it were money unlimited I'd go for a flip out screen, a high end pioneer or something that has navigation/dvd and tv all in one, this however is going to cost a fair bit more than £600.

Out of the two add on sat nav systems you mention, if it were me I'd go for the Navman, its a bargin at the moment at £599, and aslong as you don't need the european coverage that the model above has, then its great. It also looks a bit nicer than the garmin I think, but thats personal preference.

Good luck and let us know what you pick!

• 1 month later...

Have you considered a PDA?

I bought a HP IPAQ 2210, 256MB SD memory card and a compact flash GPS module www.expansys.co.uk. I use TomTom software with CheckPOInt for speed camera warnings. To mount it I use RAM mounts that are available from www.gpsw.co.uk

The whole lot came to less than £500. It's also transferable from car to car or in my case bike.

Just a thought.