Purchasing a GTI *problem solved*

v3rmin

Right i have seen a couple of GTI's for sale and i would like you guys opinions;

Is £5700 too much for a 51 plate 58ker (trade as part ex looks the only way)?

Is it likely to be a 6 speed on a 51 plate (or even a Y)?

Also would you blitz your cash on a lower milage (45ker) but older GTI (Y plate) or go for the higher and save about £800 for other uses?

Edited by v3rmin

depends on the condition, does it have aircon!? mine is in mint condition, aircon, 6speed, tinted windows. otherwise standard!

whats the one your thinking of had done and what colour is it!? (grey, blue, white seem to sell for more)

It's a shame there isn't more to choose from but i will have to think about it

Mate there is plenty to choose from, dont get into this whole 'rareity' idea in your head they arent as rare as people make out, just in some cases you will have to travel to get the car you want

Black and silver especially are the more common colours, with red, raven and anthracite being rareist respectively, aircon is also rare but is nice and often wanted option at resale, climate and leather are very rare so is a nice option to have

i would always be swayed more to genuine lower millage more so than reg but depnds whether your a reg snob as many are rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

always do a HPi check or if from a dealer get them to do one and make sure you have an in depth look at it no matter what they say, dont be put off by crash repaired vehicles just look out for the best car you can afford, in many cases you will get alot for your money if your not a reg snob and are prepared to have a Catagorised car, there is many Cat'd show cars so dont get this theory that their crap in your head

£5700 for a 51 plate on that miles is dear, id be thinking 4500 max even at a dealer but depends what part ex you get as it may sweeten the deal

wayne