Courtesy Car time again!!

bossjohnc

Getting my rear spoiler `re-resprayed` as it bubbled again - got a courtesy car yesterday, they say it'll be ready on Thurs. PM. I really hope they don't **** up, as otherwise I'll have a 1.0l for inty!! (standard).

This car does seem quite refined though, lots better than the last 1.0l... It's a 53 with 3500 odd miles on the clock.

Went up to Oxford yesterday and sat at `90-95` constantly, feeling quite comfortable.

Not a bad little car at all the 1.0l smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Still drinks a lot more petrol than the GTi at that speed though!!

know the feeling of hope it will be ready mine is still in the bodyshop went and saw it today, at least the bonnet is finished (well in primer)

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Just had a bit of a lucky scrape!!

Was queuing half way round a roundabout under a flyover trying to get in to the left hand lane, and I heard 4/5 consecutive crunches, each one with a slightly longer silent gap in between.

The van to the left of me then lurched forward.

Essentially, mr lorry driver had pelted it round the roundabout and not seen the traffic behind the big post holding the flyover up - and hit a car which hit the car in front etc. causing many nose/tail crunch type incidents.

Lucky I wasn't actually in the lane I was trying to get in to!!!

Why are you getting new wheels John? I know you're had brake dust marks but were they that bad? Mine had brake dust marks and after my vastly expensive server at the stealer they'd valeted the car and the wheels were like new.

I also had a 1L Loop as a courtesy car and was very pleasantly surprised by it. No grunt at all going up hills but apart from that it was quite a laugh. Especially when I redlined it in our car park, dropped the clutch and laid down did about a 15 yard wheelspin. Ah, the joy our courtesy cars biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Well, they're more than just marks really - it's bumpy, looks a little like corrosion. Could be a bad paint job. I'm gonna try it with acid to see what that does, but short of that I think they need to be reconditioned to be perfect again.

Probably sell three of them off as spares in a while and keep a spare for myself.