lupodave's 1.4S

lupodave

I've been around over a year now but not felt worthy of posting my car, so taking the plunge.. here goes!

Bear in mind I'm a student lol, very luckily managed to afford buying a Loop with a bit (a lot) of help from the old man. It's an '03 plate 75bhp 1.4 Lupo. So my choice of mods have always been wallet friendly and off the top of my head so far:

black VW badges

chrome indicator bulbs

stubby aerial

debadged out back

Euro spec driver's mirror

BBS replicas (fake split rim.. look like Polo GTI wheels), 15x7, about ET35 IIRC, with Toyo T1-R 195/45/15

UK pressed plates with surrounds auf Deutsch

Clifford Arrow 5 alarm with proximity sensors and total enclosure

Kenwood KDC-W5534U USB headunit

400 Watt Boss Audio amp (cheap and cheerful!)

8" 800 Watt JBL GTO804 sub in custom made box by yours truely

that's all I can remember at the mo.

IMG_1804.jpg

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

To come: just some Eibach springs is all I really want at present. Can't afford coilies and I live out in the hills (when I'm at home) so a big drop is a no no really. The rub strips will be staying for now as I don't trust people in Loughborough (when I'm at Uni) and I like my doors dent free!

And here's a P'shop of what it could look like one day..?! Possibly with some spacers on the rear and de-wipered or full aero wipers. As you might guess I'm quite a practical man so things like rub strips and a rear wiper I actually find useful from time to time.

Lupo2.jpg

All comments and criticism welcome :)

Enjoy!

Edited by lupodave

Thats very nice shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Really like those wheels, just as they are cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Yeah I'm fading away from the idea of black centres on the wheels. Here's another 'chop that's lowered, de-rub stripped and black sills:

1489aaa.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

No wonder I can never remember what your lupo looks like if you've never posted pictures before!

Looks good to me, I like the subtle mods. Its probably about as modified as mine is actually!

Do you think you're going to buy the eibach springs new?

No wonder I can never remember what your lupo looks like if you've never posted pictures before!

Looks good to me, I like the subtle mods. Its probably about as modified as mine is actually!

Do you think you're going to buy the eibach springs new?

Well I'm not sure yet. There doesn't seem to many sets around! I hoping I'll come across a set for sale or at a show otherwise they're about £60 of ebay.de. Sounds picky I know compared to other springs of around a -40mm drop, but I've read these give a really good ride quality and handle well. Depends how insurance friendly it's all going to be too, because you could quite easily pass the Eibach springs off as a set of optional VW ones wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Looks good, wheels work very well to.

I like the idea of black lower parts shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Looks good, wheels work very well to.

I like the idea of black lower parts shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Yeah, everyone does the colour coding!

Looks nice. Shows how a few small choice mods can do so much more for a car than a mega bucks stick on bodykit.

A subtle and cheap modification that would look nice would be the Aero rear wiper arm and blade a few of us have done. Practical and smooth.

*Off topic but you are only a few miles from me as I have moved to Shepshed recently. Maybe see you around when I bring my car out on a nice day!

Edited by LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

Looks nice. Shows how a few small choice mods can do so much more for a car than a mega bucks stick on bodykit.

A subtle and cheap modification that would look nice would be the Aero rear wiper arm and blade a few of us have done. Practical and smooth.

*Off topic but you are only a few miles from me as I have moved to Shepshed recently. Maybe see you around when I bring my car out on a nice day!

It definitely only takes a few small things to make a car look good. I plan a full Aero wiper conversion at somepoint, I can't understand why they didn't fit them as standard to all Lupos when the GTI came out.

Cool, I'll keep a look out! No doubt I'll hear you before I see you lol.

looks nice that mate just needs dropped a bit and will be far better shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...

I can't decide.. stylish, trying too hard or tacky?

What do you think?

IMG_2109.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_2111.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I've been photoshopping too:

IMG_1804copycopy.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by lupodave

• 3 weeks later...

Well, here's some pics of my ICE as I've been asked what I'm running and thought it easiest to just post on here.

The sub packs a bigger punch than you think!

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

Edited by lupodave

Looks quite tidy. Have you tried it with the sub facing the back of the seat and into the car? IIRC tigz said that was the best way to have it facing in a lupo.

Are the front speakers amped of just running off the headunit?

IMG_2318.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Oh and get a sunglasses holder wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Looks quite tidy. Have you tried it with the sub facing the back of the seat and into the car? IIRC tigz said that was the best way to have it facing in a lupo.

Are the front speakers amped of just running off the headunit?

Oh and get a sunglasses holder ;)

I used to have it facing in towards the empty boot space but then realised i had more useable space if I had it this way (I can fit my lacrosse stick down in front of it lol). Couldn't tell much dfference tbh but I might spin it 180 if I can be fubar'd!

The fronts are just off the headunit yeah as the amp is only a twin or single output (when bridged). I think I have a really good balance of sound though still as the sub is only small and not too overpowering.

LOL! I've never actually though about getting a sunglasses holder! Usually just put them in there or in the cubby.

Like C-in us Students Showing those Full time workers how we strech our money. your car looks good m8t. might have some KW 40mm Springs coming off my lupo at the end of september if u want them. i'll give u some student to student discount lol.

this year im goin all out on my LUPO

Just been on wikipedia reading about lacrosse, never heard of it before :huh:

I might amp the fronts of mine one day when I get round to it. Might soundproof the doorcards also. I've been putting off getting a sub as I seem to fold the seats a lot to put stuff in.

A sunglasses holder is a must! The part number is on the forum somewhere, its the bora one you want.

Just been on wikipedia reading about lacrosse, never heard of it before :huh:

I might amp the fronts of mine one day when I get round to it. Might soundproof the doorcards also. I've been putting off getting a sub as I seem to fold the seats a lot to put stuff in.

A sunglasses holder is a must! The part number is on the forum somewhere, its the bora one you want.

Well I hope you don't think the same as most people who know nothing about the sport.. most people think it's for girls! Oh how wrong they are, it's the fastest team game on 2 feet for starters.

that shows how much the yanks glamorise the sport, but it gives a bloody good impression of just how quick, skillful and brutal it is!

As for the seats, as you can see from previous pics my sub only uses less than half the boot space (this is an old pic) so I now have to put one half down to fit my kit bag in, incl. stick, helmet, pads, etc... like so:

IMG_1776.jpg

Having a sub isn't an issue in a Lupo I reckon, the boot's so small anyway you can only fit a few bags in and have to fold the seats down for anything bulky.

Edited by lupodave

Just watched that video and it doesn't look like my idea of fun at all! Wouldn't like to come across any of the girls that play lacrosse on a dark night... ;)

Or a new beetle one iirc, though wouldn't surprise me if they had the same part no.

I thought it was a beetle one but I asked lupogtiboy, he said to get the bora one as the beetle one doesnt fit properly.

Though they may possibly be the same/very similar.