chroming/polishing callipers

D_eano

following this response to a poll i made about bad boy bonnets

Leave them as they are and spend the noney on something more unique.

ive come up with something different (i hope)... what if i were to chrome or polish up my brake callipers to a high shine, has this been done before? just wondering baically cause if its posible il do it, just thinking with chroming ill have threads on the calipers that willget ruined maybe? figure it would look mint behind new wheels smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

any input/suggestions/views very welcome

Dean

thats a great idea if you can expose the things through the alloy nicely.

you would have to prep them loads though to get a smooth effect.

if you go to www.frost.co.uk you will find a kit there which will do the job.

Me and a few in another club were going to buy a kit to do it but it is costly so if a few people chip in and you all do it it would be good. or you could charge to do others after you have done your own to make the money back.

Just an idea

suppose you could, I was just looking through the Frost catalogue, Adonising kits and plating, looks good but just exploring Ideas for my show cars to make them different.

I may get a kit and get doing some bits and maybe sort the club out with stuff.

Contact Mike the Polisher on Edition38, he does some awesome Chrome powder coating. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

see if anyone replys on here, I think it would work but not sure about the heat factor

erm unless you buy a set of alloy calipers you gonna be spending your days polishing beeg time , cause everytime they get wet they gonna RUST lol

cast iron anyone ?

thats why you get them chrome powder coated, seals them from the elements at the same time shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

I can see the point about all the cleaning and the hastle but they do look cool if you can do it all like that, even the struts. Infact go the whole hog and get the axel done, shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

I would like to get my bug done like that, but ive just had them done black and blue