Insurance Q

CrouchingWayne

Currently considering getting a lupo GTi, currently my mother and I share a VW Bora which we may be selling on to my sister as she needs it as a family car (my mother and I generally travel alone).

I understand the insurance is group 11, but what sort of prices would we be looking at, I am 20yrs old with 3 years driving experience but unfortunately I had an accident and ended up with 6 points?

Group 11 doesn't seem too out of reach considering the situation but we will see.

Reason I ask about the GTi is it is the only one my mother appreciates (she dislikes the plastic bumpers on the rest of them).

Cheers!

Are you going under your mums name? Im guessing around £700 or in your own name about £1200. Tho dont know how much 6 points affect anyone.

Im only 20 too mate and i insure a modified GTI fully comp as you can see from my avatar

Edited by Bikerz

Mum's name:

I'm Male 45 with 27 years driving, 15+ years no claims with 3 points for speeding.

listed driver: female 38 with 15 years driving 15 years+ no claims with clean licence.

Business class, parked on drive

Coilovers (mod between £300 & £1000)

£212 inc. protected no claims on monthly payments.

I think this is a bit steep and I had to have a voluntary excess of £175 I and am going to look around now I don't need to insure the Fiat (sold!) I had two cars on my policy until it was sold.

Admiral quoted £192 with all the same add ons (£100 excess) with lowered upto 50mm, but I would need to call to check on lowered than 50mm.

I was looking at their MultiCar/Multi Driver plan and it came back at £300 for the GTi and the Arosa, again with all the add ons.

Ray

Edited by Silver!

Elephant (same group as Admiral) told me that they would not cover me if my car was lowered over 50mm. I reckon it's only about 50mm anyway, and yours looks about the same height as mine Silver, so you should be alright. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Im 20 & wrote my fiesta off last year...I was insured with barclays for 750 tpft but when my insurance was up for renewal they wanted £180 a month for a crappy fiesta! I then decided on a new motor anyway & went and got myself a Lupo sport, which isnt quite a GTi, but its still pretty quick & good fun to drive!

I looked around for insurance & most companies wanted to charge around £1600 fully comp. I now pay £1300 with elephant (with no no claims)

I found that elephant, admiral & bell will gie you the best quotes, & if you buy online you can state all your mods which makes only a small difference.

The above 3 insurance companies are all part of the same group, but they will still compete with each other for a better quote!

As for points on your license it depends what they are for, if they are sp30's (speeding in a 30mph zone) they normally take that quite easily. A friend of mine has a 1 year old Seat Ibiza 1.8 Cupra which puts out 180bhp....his insurance fully comp is about £2k & hes only 21 with 3 points on his license.

Good Luck Mate! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />