removing rear seats...help :(

tommy10101

HI all, i want to remove my rear seats on a seat arosa 1999 1.0s. I have managed to get the bit you sit on off, but i need to know how to get the back rests off. I have opened the hook to the open position but how do u disconnect them from the center (between the two seats by the seat belts).

Please help...thaanks biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

its difficult to describe , basically you can see the clip that holds the bit you need off in , push the clip round and you will see a raised bit on the clip , pry that carefully over the top of the seat bracket and it will pop off

edit* but id wait till somebody else confirms till you do it its been that long since i have done it

Edited by one litre wonder ;)

with the clip removed from centre lift the outer side of the seat up and slide the whole thing out over.

There is a funny clip in the middle. You need to get a screw driver and prise out the centre of the clip from the seat, then it will pop off.

Its very hard to explain, but take a good look and you will see what i mean.

hope these pics help, sorry there are no seats but its in the stipped out arosa

IMAG00011-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMAG00021.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMAG00031.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

3 stages to the clip!

DONE IT...thanks alot. AND the car is much more agile with the weight gone biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> thanks

Do you think so?

I had my rear seats out of my TDi and it didnt really feel that different, just more noise laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I didnt remove the spare wheel though, and mine has a 14" steel spare, so thats quite heavy i guess.

There didnt seem to be a lot of weight in the seats really, backs are heavier than the bases.

Do you think so?

I had my rear seats out of my TDi and it didnt really feel that different, just more noise laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I didnt remove the spare wheel though, and mine has a 14" steel spare, so thats quite heavy i guess.

There didnt seem to be a lot of weight in the seats really, backs are heavier than the bases.

Well, your TDI will have alot more power than mine so you wouldnt notice the differnce. And also, the spare wheel does weigh a tonne lol...thats the best thing to get rid of.

• 2 weeks later...
mine only has a half size spair wheel , looks like a toy wheel

Have you ever used it?

Its scary, really noisy and there is no grip at all, i struggled getting off a grass verge with it on the front.

I dont have that anymore, ive replaced my space saving wheel barrow wheel with a 14" steel, Much better, but a bit heavier wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

one I my tdi is worse than the one in my lupo sport, tdi has no tread on it at all, but looks like it never been used lol