WHEELS WHEELS WHEELS 16 OR 17'S - The wheels i'm gonna buy

Marqs_Loopy

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Ok Guys n Gals here it is .... :0 I am gonna buy some of deez cos i think they will look de nuts on my black loopy GTi

wadda ya think and what size would be best.

`bbs-rc`-2003.jpg

7.5 x 16 or 7 x 17 or 7.5 x 17 . Now come on you lads n lasses with 17 inchers let hear it? :sigh: tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />p

Right then son!!

17'' wheels on the lupo gti make it slower!! And thats a fact. (ask twisty, he whiped my ass when we raced)

16'' wheels do look cool on them but u need to lower it!!

(thats my opinon)

I find that my 17'' make the car handle much better but the ride is a little harder biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

17'' look well good tho wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Yep Coil overs will go on to drop it about 50 or 60 mil ish guess i will get em fitted and then adjust acordingly. Wanted 16's cos reading into it i did'nt want to loose to much of the original feel of the cars handling and also at the same time compliment the wheels by not dropping it so much you cant see them all.

What do you think 60mm?

Good choice! They'll look fooking great :thumbs:

I was going to fit those to mine - BBS are the probably the best rim money can buy. I was just concerned though, because I only like those when they're "dished" (as in the pic) - I saw a set when they were "flat" and went right off them ???

I think its to do with your offset, but not really sure...

As for size....17's for the looks, 16's to retain the handling.

Me? I'd go for 16's...its just easier....but then....17" BBS rimmage is [b:post_uid0]very[/b:post_uid0] tempting wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

omg i'm buying those exact wheels next month when i've had the arches done.

dont go to some dodgy place to buy them tho.

you need to get the correct tyre size if running 17's otherwise they wont fit.

as for the price u'r looking at £1100 for BBS RC 17" with 215 40 17 tyre.

anyone know where i can get the front arches fettled to fit these wheels price is not an issue just speed!

if thats for 4 alex thats a good price i was looking at 16's for trying to keep the original ride or near as hell damn it. and then 17's for looks..mmmm so i have decided 16's to be different

Exactly i've been quoted by extreme's in Harlow £1270 for rubber and 17x7.5 and £750 to buy £150 to fit fully adjustable HR coil overs. I think thats dear is'nt it ..Southern ripoff prices

ok carnosier does the 16's my tyres are cool too what sort of profile with the 16's i'm thinking 45's or will 40's be closer

??? damn just been told today that the BBS RC's 16x7.5 have been discontinued.. Doh only 17 available.Will iloose that much performance then if i go to 17's as i have heard slower on 17's than 15's but higher top speed is this true?

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE(Marqs_Loopy)
??? damn just been told today that the BBS RC's 16x7.5 have been discontinued.. Doh only 17 available.Will iloose that much performance then if i go to 17's as i have heard slower on 17's than 15's but higher top speed is this true?

Well is it?

Got a reply from bbs on the bbs rc's 7.5 x 16 and they are available in club colours or something like that not the standard silver. Found the UK out let its http://www.mswuk.com/ these people and it says it's got em. Can't get a reply from them though.

Any one dealt with them before?

Yes a real big performance loss you loose a torqued 1000rpm.

16s on a 45 with a 40 drop killed my arches and i was forced to roll them. The problem isn't the diameter of the rim but width. I use 195/45 r16 wheels which for 16's are narrow as most start at 205/45. The 16's push the wheelbase out and just fit into the arches which even with loads of camber its a snug fit. The main questions to ask are - Is it fashion which i'm after - if yes then go for 17's or all out on 18's or if the answers - No i want handling and performance then go for 205/45 r15 with Kumho KH11 rubber and `G-Max` 40mm drop. I used eibach on Gmax 40mm shox and found them to soft also used Spax on Gmax again to soft then tried PI and now use Pi on the front with Eibach on the rear on 40mm Gmax shox with an Eibach roll bar and that keeps up with M3's on tight roads/tracks. I wouldn't recommend 16s to anyone but its your choice.

Difficult one really think bigger wheels as mr nmonic says is for fashion. Think i may stick to a cult look stick with the 15's .. although i like my barthurst again. def going to go for the coil overs and 40mm drop.

Doh what do I do bbs 001's .wonder if they do em in the lupo gti offset and what will they look like.

think gonna have to play with potoshop

Any one know how big these are they look like 15's

This one

blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Cheers Dr Twist. did'nt realise how close the tyre was to the arch .see what youmean about the rizzla.

Good advice though will now have to re think my strategy