Clanking when braking.

Basicllay lately every time i brake there is a clank that comes from the front of the

car.

Any idea what exactly i should start looking for?

Cheers

Marty

Might be that your brake pads are worn really low so need replacing. That would be the first thing I checked anyway.

NOCK

Edited by LUPO NOCK

i have this problem with my arosa, i took it apart and noticed that the aftermarket pads i used were about 1/2mm shorter in the caliper, so when i reversed, they would lock on to the disc and clunk once off the calliper. then the same when i went forward.

not sure if this could be what you are experiencing. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I've got a similar situation with my T reg lupo.

There is a clank/click sound coming from the front of the car every time I hit the brake when traveling over 15mph.

The sound isn't there when I brake traveling at low speed.

I pulled down the window and could hear the sound comes from underneath the car, but couldn't really tell whether it's from the brake discs or something else in the lower engine compartment.

But so far, it hasn't affect the braking power...... yet...

What could be the cause?

lupogirl

Basicllay lately every time i brake there is a clank that comes from the front of the

car.

Any idea what exactly i should start looking for?

Cheers

Marty

i have this problem with my arosa, i took it apart and noticed that the aftermarket pads i used were about 1/2mm shorter in the caliper, so when i reversed, they would lock on to the disc and clunk once off the calliper. then the same when i went forward.

not sure if this could be what you are experiencing. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

My 1.0 Arosa used to do that too, but its stopped doing it now, started fixing itself i think laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />