my new rims!!

dublife2

hi everyone. i just bought some new wheels and im wondering what tyre size to go for. Below is a picture of my new wheels.

compo1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I am lowered around 60mm at present on coilovers and the new wheels are 14"x6.5J. I have just found a set of part worn tyres in a 185/55//14 fitment for cheap. Is this ok for the wheels in question? they are to go on a non-gti lupo.

Thanks

not the best with wheels and tyres mate,

but i think the 55 profile will be bit big!

at present ive got 195/50/15s on my rims and i cant lower the car as much as i want to, hence the reason for smaller rims! how low do you think i could go with 185/55/14s?

not to sure mate, when i had my lupo it was lowered on coilovers about 90mm all round!

but not sure what the tyre profile was in full i know there was 14inch wheels and the profile was 50.

didnt rub!

hmm ok

right the STANDARD for the mk2 arosa alloys are 14x6.5J is a 185/55/14 so those ones you seen that size will be spot on mate

edit* i see you said you want to go low on these wheels , put it this way mate im running 185/55/14's on mine and i have it completely slammed at the rear no probs and then the front is low as well no probs wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by one litre wonder ;)

Me and D run that profile tyre: We're not exactely sump scraping but it is the 'standard' size for use with that size wheel. It is quite a chunky shape though.

This pic shows the profile quite well.

IMG_3782.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Cars Not lowered in that one though.