Any VAGCOM Guru's?

Did a scan with Vag com & found the fault below, tried to clear it & it came straight back on again. Anyone got any ideas which part of the system its refering to? (Don't say airbag!)

Controller: 1C0 909 601

Component: 05 AIRBAG VW51 0004

Coding: 12341

Shop #: WSC 06441

1 Fault found:

00532-Supply voltage B+

07-10-Signal too Low - Intermittent

The air bag light came on after I dropped the bonnet from almost full height, could it of triggered a sensor in the front of the car?

Just found this on Wiki-tech (below), any ideas where the sensors & control modules are?

coderef.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Thats the airbag control sensor code. Its behind the centre console when you take it out, mounted on the centre tunnel forward from the gearstick. Dunno why it would have gone awol though? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Did a scan with Vag com & found the fault below, tried to clear it & it came straight back on again. Anyone got any ideas which part of the system its refering to? (Don't say airbag!)

Controller: 1C0 909 601

Component: 05 AIRBAG VW51 0004

Coding: 12341

Shop #: WSC 06441

1 Fault found:

00532-Supply voltage B+

07-10-Signal too Low - Intermittent

The air bag light came on after I dropped the bonnet from almost full height, could it of triggered a sensor in the front of the car?

The sensor has an Earth, its somewhere behind the slam panel, connected to the back of the "Front tray" that your rad sits in.... Check around for earth connections and see if its that which needs repairing... Make sure battery is disconnected when your doing it though...

The sensor has an Earth, its somewhere behind the slam panel, connected to the back of the "Front tray" that your rad sits in.... Check around for earth connections and see if its that which needs repairing... Make sure battery is disconnected when your doing it though...

Cheers Al, Martin (lupoGtiboy) told me the same thing so I've got to have a good look around & try to find the connection. Ties in perfectly with the fact that it only happened after the bonnet slammed.

Cheers Al, Martin (lupoGtiboy) told me the same thing so I've got to have a good look around & try to find the connection. Ties in perfectly with the fact that it only happened after the bonnet slammed.

Goin off what the error is coming up with, Feed supply not strong enough kinda thing, instantly highlights a possible bad earth.

Sorry to jump in to your thread. But I was wondering if any Vag_com users have bougght there cab from ebay? I bought one ages ago and have lost my driver disc for it. I was wondering if any one could email me the drivers. I already have Vag-Com itself

Air bag systems are very sensitive so just erase the fault and see if it comes back if so do some thing then.

Do not check it with a multi meter at all if you do not know what you are doing.

That fault can be caused by low battery or poor live or earth.

We've alraedy tried wiping the code with VAG-COM & it came straight back on again. Had a look in the engine bay & couldn't see anything tat might be a sensor or cable near the slam panel sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got down to VW & got it checked out by one off the top tech guys (cheers Martin BTW), he' s told me that the control module is faulty but he's got no idea why it would have gone suddenly. After a litle chat he's explained that its got nothing to do with the earthing as its the B+ signal thats got the problem not the B- or earthing, I've checked all the connections & they appear ok so it looks like Im in for an expensive repair sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

One thing he did mention though is that the unit cant just be replaced, its needs to be coded to the car confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> I've never heard of that before.

Luckily Mitch has one lying around somewhere so I'll just need to get it recoded, no doubt the dealership will be able to give me a price & add a few 0's on the end to do it though sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Looks easy enough, 1 multiplug & 4x10mm nuts on the tunnel. Shame its one of those jobs that you almost need to be a contorsionist to do! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Have been doing lots of searching on the web about this matter & finding lots of info regarding 'bugs' in the hard wiring of certain airbag control units (possibly on lots of units in Lupo's & Arosa's) but nothing of any real use. Does anyone have any wiring diagrams that may be of use or know where the airbag earthing points are? sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I was under the impression that all lupo control units were the same ( well, as long as you've got the same number of airbags e.g. GTi with seat airbags compared with GTi without). But found out today that connectors are different wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

It is perfectly possible to replace it yourself if you have VAG-COM. Just go to the controller now, and write down the current coding. Disconnect the battery, and replace the controller. Afterwards, connect the battery, connect to the module, and enter the coding from the old module. That's it.

Don't forget to do a throttle body adaptation after your battery has been disconnected if it's a petrol car.

That aside, I pretty sure it's not the controller. It is obviously a wiring issue. It is possible that the problem is at the connector of the control unit, but the controller is obviously functioning. I would look a little longer at the wiring.

Edited by Rosse

It is perfectly possible to replace it yourself if you have VAG-COM. Just go to the controller now, and write down the current coding. Disconnect the battery, and replace the controller. Afterwards, connect the battery, connect to the module, and enter the coding from the old module. That's it.

Don't forget to do a throttle body adaptation after your battery has been disconnected if it's a petrol car.

That aside, I pretty sure it's not the controller. It is obviously a wiring issue. It is possible that the problem is at the connector of the control unit, but the controller is obviously functioning. I would look a little longer at the wiring.

I've got my suspicions its the wiring too, only problem is cant find any wiring diagrams anywhere! Apparently airbag controllers can only be programmed once too, I will need a new 'un-coded' unit as a 2nd hand unit cant be wiped & re-programmed blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />