Performance Loss - Putting noise

elvisgraham

Hello,

I am the owner of a VW Lupo 1.4 S. My car was overdue it's service by a few thousand miles and performance wasn't great. Car has just come out of the garage having been serviced and had a blowing exhaust. Car back into the garage to get the exhaust replaced. I now have a putting noise coming through the exhaust when the revs drop back down and I still think the performance of the car is still poor. I still get the feeling the car is holding back.

Is it possible that the car just needs to go in for tuning or something? Could it be running too rich?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Alan Graham

On of ours did this putt putt putt noise big time (as well as stalling frequently and lots of soot).

I've blasted the throttle body out with my new favourite chemical, Carb Cleaner (mmmmmm) and it's spot on now.

think i have symtoms of this too.

can you give us a link for the exact carb cleaner you use? mite see if this heals my very easy to stalling problem. and am i right you spray it in the pipe that is in the airbox when engine is idle?

thanks.

Generally when using carb cleaner you just undo the airbox and spray it directly into the throttle body while someone revs the engine. If you do it on your own its most likely to stall. Not sure about Lupos cause they are fly by wire so dunno if you can manually up the revs in the engine bay like older cars? Either way its easier with 2 people.

I went to GSF and asked for "carb cleaner, please sir" and was given this:

IMG_4051.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I have been using it as a pick me up all week.