The rebuild

stealthie

Ok, more hours spent on the Lupo on saturday!

I got the boot lid all wired up and everything working, fitted all four inner arch liners, fitted the side repeaters back on and fitted some interior bits back together so all is left is to fit the front seats and door cards. Also gave the whole body a rub down with 2000 grit paper then again with some 3000 grit pads then a cutting polish. I ran out of time for the final top coat polish so thats next on the list to do!

Enjoy the pictures, I borrowed a decent camera this time so the pictures are of far better quality than the last few have been :lol:

GetAttachment-1aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-2aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-3aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-4aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-5aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-6aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-7aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-9aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-10aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-11aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-12aspx.jpg

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vworks41 - as with all projects, never is the most likely answer!

stealthie - looking good hombre, ill keep an eye out for a set of those wheels your after, i just have one thing to say... in the weeds ;)

Nice work, when do you think it will be finished then?

Never put a 'finish date' on a project dude! All I am going to say is it will be on the road very soon in an unfinished guise :D

Suani - I'm not lowering it until I get some different wheels - the only ones I have for it are the ones it is on in the pictures as the Pirellis need refurbing and I have no money to do it :( so am doing them myself...... but it will take time and wont be done until next year now.

Thats why I want a set of the ones I told you about as they will be a quick fix!

• 5 weeks later...

Cheers dude :D

It does look a bit silly at the moment though with dodgy steel wheels and sitting at standard height :( even my girlfriend said that it really needs lowering! I have the kit but am waiting to fit it as the same time as the wheels :shades:

Yup its impossible for these to be the same im glad it suits the mirrors and roof :sweating: , also your paint work will be swirl free as my car looks like it has been washed with a wool pad on certains parts but shall be sorted out soon enough if it ever stops raining!

Whats the Plans for wheels? Or has that decision still got to be made?

14" Pirelli P slots at the moment, I have them and have started the refurb but am in no rush as the weather will ruin them in no time at the moment :(

They wont be silver though, I have a different plan for the colouring :ph34r:

Hooray! Excellent news. So is it out and back on the road again now?

I got tax yesterday so the little blue beasty will be on the road as soon as I have picked it up from work today (it's safely locked up at the moment :) )

Ok, I will post some when I take them.... it looks the same as in the last ones I posted just er.. outside!

I'm going to do some more work on the wheels tomorrow as it looks very silly on the standard 14" ones I have on it at the moment :angry2:

• 3 weeks later...

Update - I have now fitted aero front wipers and a 'pretty-cool-if-I-do-say-so-myself' aero rear wiper too :D

I am going to try to get the time to give the Blue beasty a wash tomorrow so will take some pictures after that to show you ;)

Other than that I have not done the wheels yet - lack of time recently and therefore have still not fitted the coilovers. I am also still working on the induction system and the engine detailing bits which will be fitted in one go when all the bits are completed. YaY ! !

edit: Oh and I also got myself some roof bars which I will fit once it is lowered too :)

Edited by stealthie

A few carbon bits under the bonnet, a custom induction system and a re map is also on the cards at the moment too. I would like to change the exhuast but I have no reason to until the old one has something wrong with it. I'm not out to make it super fast - I have a 20v turbo Mk1 Golf for that :shades: A few carbon bits under the bonnet, a custom induction system and a re map is also on the cards at the moment too. I would like to change the exhuast but I have no reason to until the old one has something wrong with it. I'm not out to make it super fast - I have a 20v turbo Mk1 Golf for that :shades:

:P:P:lol: