F.a.o. Tigz...

andi mate... Do you have your iPod connected via a 3.5mm Jack? or do you have one of the dension kits?

Could just do with knowing if the Blaupunkt "3.5mm Jack - Auxiliary In" cable will do the trick for connecting iPod to VW Gamma headunit, as dont wanna spend a lot on a Fancy Ca-jigger.

Arsefez... lol

I'll just have to try it i guess...

If not i'm sure i'll figure out what to do to get it working...

The trouble with the dension thing is that Yet again - theres no option for controlling the iPod from the iPod...

I've just finished making a pre-out lead for the Gamma, but can't seem to figure out off the Wiring diagram how the CD control section works in comparison to that of a Blaupunkt... They are almost entirely different

Edited by nfbr

Right, all the connectors are in the right place, The only problem is that to use "CD" or "CC" mode on the head unit you have to have some way of telling the headunit that there is a changer installed... I think i might just know how to do this.

I've ordered a few parts up to put together, which should hopefully make a little controller box which essensially acts like a CD changer, telling the Headunit to allow Input signal through smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Will let you all know in a few weeks how i get on.

The trouble with the dension thing is that Yet again - theres no option for controlling the iPod from the iPod...

You can actually, I never use it, but there is an iPod UI option.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a cable that conects my Nokia car kit speaker output to the back of my Gamma headunit. The mute lead is also conected so that the stereo muts then the phone call comes through the car speakers. All the radio mute is is a 12v so you could just conect that to a liev and put a switch on it. The you could connect the iPod/MP3 player to the Gamma with the phone mute lead.

Must have changed the dension kits then, as the Icelink Plus never used to work from the iPod, it'd lock the keys, same as my pioneer one did...

I'm currently running the standard unit with a home made Aux in adaptor, works a treat smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Bit daft of me really but i didnt bother to take any pics of how it was made...

Edited by nfbr

Must have changed the dension kits then, as the Icelink Plus never used to work from the iPod, it'd lock the keys, same as my pioneer one did...

I'm quoting this from memory, but I *think* that when you look on the iPod menu when its contected and running the Dension interface on the screen that the last option is something like 'Enter iPod UI mode'. You select that through the stereo and it then asks you to disconnect the iPod, then reconnect. Once you do that you get acess to the normal iPod menu's, but the audio still gets piped through the stereo.

Its a little bit buggy though, maybe they dropped it on the newer kits.