Little Problem (Now just another mod lol)

scoobydoo

dont really no what stand alone management is to be honest. i was just gonna find another avy engine coded gti and use the loom outta that, but now im guessin that doesnt work.

Glen

wow really didn no all that. cheers. had heard somethin bout the loom havin a specific ecu but wasnt to sure.

just want to clear some stuff up. the problem i have is that everythin is bein shipped from england to ireland so need to have everythin perfect for the conversion.

currently i can get an engine avy gearbox and ecu in one package. can i then add a loom transponder key and clocks or does it all need to come in one package. i just dont no what parts can come seperate if i cant get hold of everythin at once.

Cheers

glen

Edited by scoobydoo

ok right so i need to find a loom, key and ecu and then can get the engine seperate and clocks seperate. right now i'm gaining knowledge. this is all new to me so im sure u can understand my curiosity in the subject.

Cheers

Glen

i no been lookin but no joy. think im just gonna hold out and go for the full package all in one, if another one pops up.

Glen

Bo*$%cks just found a guy with the wiring loom transponder ecu clocks, but he doesnt have a key. How large a problem is that?? also how do i connect the fly by wire instead of the current cable system??

cheers

Glen

I'll be giving u a shout for that stuff then. im in n ireland so jbs aint an option lol. so if i didnt have a key the car would be unusable until i found somwhere with ecu tools to remove the immobiliser?

Glen

Yes mate.

But anyone who can do a serial port remap on a VW ECU should be able to remove the transponder.

Although I dont know of anyone in Northern Island.

I'll be giving u a shout for that stuff then.

I'll hold onto it for you smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

im sure i could find one somewhere over here. my new thought is get all the parts bar the key and buy a new key. is the pedal box just bolted in. startin to feel i should sell my car and buy a mk1 cab lol for the summer.

glen

Edited by scoobydoo

Bo*$%cks just found a guy with the wiring loom transponder ecu clocks, but he doesnt have a key. How large a problem is that?? also how do i connect the fly by wire instead of the current cable system??

cheers

Glen

Keys should be able to get programmed to the immobiliser by VW, same as if you need a new key