Yet another window problem!

I'm currently looking at fixing the passenger side window on my Lupo. The problem I had was that the passenger window wouldn't go down at all. I loosened off the bolts holding the brackets and motor and the window has now started moving. The problems I have now are that the window goes up really slowly and also the window will stop moving again in one direction.

If I leave it for a while then try again, the window will work again. Could it be that the alignment of the window is out and giving the motor more resistance? The motor then overheats and stops working for a while?

I've greased the runners that the windows go up and down on. Gonna try WD40 in the window frame runner and see if that helps.

It appears to be sorted. Gave the drivers side a good drowning of silicon spray around all the rubber surrounding the window, including the bit along the bottom which looked a bit dry. This has cured the problem that I had with it stopping half way up and going back down. Now both windows go up and down smoothly. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />