1.0l induction

ollie

Hi my mate is going to make me some stainless pipe to make a induction system for my 03 plate 1.0 arosa we took the airbob off to sort measurements out and noticed there is a outlet from the exhaust manifold going into the airbox at the front, what would we need to do about that hole i am clueless about it

but it seems bad to leave it open and have gases escaping.

any help greatly appreciated

oliver

No need to worry about it. Just leave it off. If you look on the original pipe work there is a valve which just lets hot air into the air intake when the engine is cold and helps to warm the engine up faster. Provided you don't go thrashing your car as soon as you start it and let it warm up a little first you'll be fine with leaving it off.

Sam.

fitted the induction now look and sounds well and think it pulls a little bit better but leaving the exhaust gas hole open makes a exhaust gas smell come into the car, to me that seems not right and i dont want to be gassing myself

when a off the shelf induction kit is fitted what is it that covers this hole or is it just left

been a bit parra but dont fancy gassin myself wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> so i taken it off untill i can find out some info coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

any help appreciated

cheers

ollie

your not looking at it properly that pipe is just like a huide for heat so to speak it isnt actually an exhaust exit pipe smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

the problem you have and need to sort is you need an oil ctahc tank as when you removed your aibox you disconnected both crankcase breather pipes and these will be letting out the dreadfull hot oil vapour smell and pissin oil everywhere

put up pics and ill explain

wayne

the piep off the exhaust heat shield is only there to put some hot air into the iduction system cos if it was only cold air goin in n through the injector it would freeze up. same idea as deoderante always bein so cold pressure + gas = cold, as "my names buck" said if you dont drive it hard till in warms up you shouldn't have a problem.

what have you done with your oil breather pipe? could explain ur smell?