Window Winding problem....

Got back from a mates 21'st party at about 2am last night. I drove cause I didn't want to drink.

As I pull up outside my house, my mate was walking home with his girly from a party he'd been to. I wound down the passenger side window to have a chat.

When he left, I took my stereo out etc, then did the "one touch" wind on the window. Cue a nasty noise, and the Window started to wind itself back down....its now fully open, and the bastard won't close.

Push up...does up a bit, makes a noise, comes back down. I'm now shitting myself, as everyone is in bed, and I'm stuck in my car with an open window.

After a few attempts of holding the button down, I finally manage to get it shut. I'm now scared to open it, just in case.

IIRC, other people have had this problem too??

It's kinda funny, vw's seem to have electrical problems.

Mine did something quite like that a while ago. I just left it open (in the garage) for a whole night and the next day it was working perfectly.

Told the dealer about it and they said that it may have been caused by a bump (not sure about the translation) in the road that might have disconnected something inside the door (not very technical, i know but that was exactly what i was told)

Well, maybe yours stops doing that in a couple of days

If it's of any help, my dad's car (406) did the same, and it lasted for 3 or four days, so we decided to take it to the dealer, they tried lots of times, because, if didnt work, they would have to take the door off, which would have meant going to england with the loop (fcuking pugs, they only work when they want mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> ) it worked in the end, so you know, maybe sit down in your drive with a beer and just spend the afternoon trying to wind up the window tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Matty, had EXACTLY same prob on the day i picked my Loop up. It was down to the rubber guide inside the door having come off (probably whilst on the transporter) - took it back to dealer fixed under warranty in a couple of hours (door facing had to come off etc. You could have a go yourself at getting the door facing off (although they're usually held in place by those crappy plastic clips - that always break when you try getting panels off!) or take it to your dealer and tell 'em you've heard of it happening before and you want it fixing under warranty (keep the "you lovely persons" bit in your head though. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I had similar problem with my lupo gti two times in six month with the window passenger,each time it is necessary that I pass to the garage so that they put product on the joints of the windows.He say to me each time not other solutions and it is because of heat,Thanks S.A.V Volkswagen mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

my drivers side window when driving at speed hisses from the wind then makes a thud kind of noise then disappears.think its the window seal popping back into place. who knows. but that window getting stuck happend to me on my first test drive of the lupo gti. wound the window down and it wouldnt go back up again. so the test drive was a bit nippy. he said it had happend before on that car. when we got back he did something with the window seal and and it went back up again.

• 2 weeks later...

think our loops dont like the leccy windows im afraid. mine plays up when im driving and want to wind it up, it goes so far, hits some resistance and the safety switch kicks in. had to spray grease in the runners but it seems to have worked. at least this is my only complaint, which is fairly minor at that.