Exhaust systems - hmmmmmm

Alan VW

QUOTE(Blue Loop)
Get the cat out of the way, thou you will fail the MoT  :(

we dont have an MOT we have a ****ty thing called an NCT - and the cars that i have seen that passed that - dont think my cat would be missed wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

you can get a pipe for you cat so all you have to do is bolt it back on for the MOT however what about all the ozone your killing!

I dont think the lupo will allow you to remove the cat it has a modern engine which uses 2 sensors in the exhaust rather than older cars which have 1.

The two sensors measure exhaust gasses and alter your cars air fuel mixture accordingly, the second sensor compares the reading of that one with the reading from the first sensor to check that the cat is working,

If the sensor detects the cat isn't working i dont know what it would do to the engines air fule mixture.

The lupo cup cars still run a cat but it is a sports cat rather than the standard item.

If you do remove the cat and the engine still runs properly make sure you let us all know.

you should buy the gti rear bumper. it would look smug on your car.

could you not bring the box through the bumper? think it looks better than underneath.

see the underneath of my car is different to a GTi - the center bit is fitted to the spare wheel... so if i got the gti bumper - dont think it would look right ....

ill look into it thou wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

you could mount your exhaust into your bumper?

You dont need the whole GTi bumper, just the lower part (i.e. the parts you got sprayed)

It's true the Remus backbox goes undeneath the bumper, but couldn't you make it go a bit upwards? i mean i havent seen it but you could maybe addapt it somehow to come out in the original GTi hole, anyways didnt you screw the shelf to the car? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> :thumbs:

well i really think you are fussing over nothing. not only are they cheaper. once they have been set up they will look miles better than it does now. not worth sending them back and paying extra money on postage. put them on they will be fine. if not i will refund you some of the money! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> providing the suspension fits the gti! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

well i really think you are fussing over nothing.

hmmmm.......

my car is 40mm lowered on the back, the coilovers i have r not going to make much of a differnce mate.

the reason im fussing is, cos i asked for soemthing and was sold something else - ahhh dont mind the old Paddy he wont know the differnce :sarc: biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i can see your point. but in terms of money. you havnt lost anything. how long are you going to keep the car for. most people finish their cars then get bored of feel they need something faster. you car looks the dogs i think. will look better once the coilovers are on. and you need the gti spoiler! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />