Found New Turbo Kit For Lupo

lupoICEman

turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Touring cars use em cos they're `full-on` sequential boxs like a bike would have, not some conventional box with loads of slow electonics and actuators to change the gears, althoug they're getting better apparently

What Man3 said.

It takes some of the involvement out of driving. Although I've never driven one meself.

EVO did a big article on it a while back, testing most of them, from the Merc AMG's, the Ferrari's F1 Box, the M3's aswell. I think Aston's 'box in the Vanquish is meant to be quite good (300m/s up/down change) but it can still be jerky...

id still be interested in testing the experience tho, even stil with the cluch being "manual" smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />.. no more misshifts from that wide h pattern..

TSR is the only one doing this right? does anybody have a clue if they are any good?

back to the turbo. i was talking to an audi mech. last night here thinks after market turbos wreck the engine. exact words were ''melt'' ???

THat coming from an Audi Mech????

Ask him if they have solved this problem yet with the factory fit turbo that comes on the RS6....... A few scare stories now about it running hot enough to 'melt' parts of the engine .. SO i think design is all important rather than who does it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

i will ask him, the thing is after market turbo going in my lupo will cramp the engine bay so a bit worried buy what he said. i dont want a bonnet scoop. i have given my friend hell about his. heat venting is a problem for the lupo as i cant see where i could put a intercooler without having serious problems with the radiator.

???

yeah i shall go and investigate round there at lunch time when i clear the bird poop of the windscreen & bonnet

A lot of cars have their intercoolers mounted in front of the rad, cars like Evo's and imprezza's. An intercooler won't bring your under bonnet temperatures down either. It'll cool the intake charge to the engine therefore making the air denser meaning more oxygen, meaning more boost! Its the turbo itself that will increase the underbonnet temperature, if you wrap this with heat wrap, along with manifold you shouldn't have a problem. A super charger wont really generate any extra heat. If you want to put a turbo in an already cramped engine bay you're gonna have to make some compromises i.e. bonnet vents! An oil cooler wouldn't be a bad idea either! After market turbo conversions are fine so long as they're done by people who know what they're doing, and driven by people who understand the physics of an engine and forced induction and don't go playing around with the boost settings i.e. putting too much boost through the engine without altering the compression ratio.

dont like the sound of the turbo. they glow red hot so supercharger it is then. if its going to be the same price. if not the mods on the front news page sound quite good like the sound of 150 bhp would be perfect i reckon for the lupo. 160 bhp sounds great but do you think this is over stressing the engine. thats reaches the 100 bhp per litre figure. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

They very rarely glow red hot. 160bhp wouldn't be over strssing the engine at all. I would imagine its the same block as a 1.8t. I'm sure it will be happy with over 200bhp! You can still get a lot of the same problems with an SC if its not done properly. Where are planning on gettin it from?

well i havnt aproached anyone yet but wont be untill next year. going to wait till matty b gets his if we can get two cars done at the same time will be able to save some dosh.

dont want to tune it above 160 bhp cause then i will be needing a new clutch. think if the lupo had between 150- 160 would provide perfect performance for my needs. that would give it a good power to weight ratio plus any more power would be lost due to lack of traction. my car wheel spins in 2nd quite easily so imagine keeping 160 bhp on the road.

you driven the cooper s. i think thats a cool car. but its on 1.5 seconds quicker than the lupo gti to 100. considering it has an extra 35 bhp plus its super charged so must have a lot more pulling power. would be a good car to get hold of and mod / chip.

I'd prefer a Supercharger.

Runs cool, and gives a constant power increase across the rev's rather than the turbo's late boost.

But again, if Turbo's for the Loop are easier to get hold of, or if when looking the Turbo deals are cheaper, I'm not fussed smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

And like Man3 says, I'm sure 200bhp is possible through forced induction.....you mention the magic 100bhp/litre - thats impressive through Normally Aspirated engines, but not with Turbo'd/Supercharged.

QUOTE(Putney)
you driven the cooper s. i think thats a cool car. but its on 1.5 seconds quicker than the lupo gti to 100. considering it has an extra 35 bhp plus its super charged so must have a lot more pulling power. would be a good car to get hold of and mod / chip.

Thats cause the standard 1.6 block thats in there stinks. Also, the Mini is a chubby car - even in "Mini One" guise its a hefty `60-70kgs` more than the Lupo.

Someone already offers a 195bhp conversion for it, saw it in EVO this month.

wow thats a wicked price. jvc what? anyways i heard the mini engine is made by chrysler in brazil. so there is a merc connection there which bmw are trying to break.bmw have now got involved with peugeot so they will be making the engines soon in england somewhere. hope they dont make the gear boxes worst thing they do i could make a better gear box from a cardboard box.

i was looking at the gti brakes today. they claim they are vented cant see any vents. ???

putney, the discs are "split in the middle" thats where they are ventilated.. also.. i was going to ask what youre going to do with clutch and gearbox when you upgrade the engine till about 160bhp.. that might make the dependency of how you go through the gears a lot more important (if you are not smooth as butter it might ruin those bits rather quickly?). i know the guy with the 200bhp polo had a lot of problems from that direction!