Desperate Tyre Help Please!!

Just got back from 2 months overseas and found the trusty loop has two shagged front tyres (the missus has been driving like a woman possessed!) and I need some new standard size tyres today or else I've got to travel upto my folks in the missus's Celica BOO HISS!

Any help much appreciated.

Oh I am in the Reading area by the way.

Cheers

EB

ps Like the new forum layout/format thingy

Toyos - definitely. You might struggle to find someone who stocks that size though...

If you can hold off a couple of days, then order them from mytyres.co.uk - £49 each last time I checked.

If not, might be worth considering 195/50/15s as I think you'll be able to find them easier & cheaper...

I spent £120 on a pair of fronts last month. I just went to ATS ands they give me these Uniroyal rain tyre things. Now I find out i could have got a full sent of Toyo's for an extra £80!

My mate just got a full sent of Toyo Proxy TR1s on his Williams for £30 a corner, brand new - don't know where he got them from, I'll find out and post it up.

Ps - I don't think these uniroyal things are the best tyre in the world!

My mate just got a full sent of Toyo Proxy TR1s on his Williams for £30 a corner, brand new - don't know where he got them from, I'll find out and post it up.

Probably just a cheaper size tbh. I've never seen toyos in 205/45/15 for less than £40 each. Mytyres varies from £45-50 every so often.

Probably just a cheaper size tbh. I've never seen toyos in 205/45/15 for less than £40 each. Mytyres varies from £45-50 every so often.

Looks like Mytyres is going to be the way ahead then and it also looks like celica (sillycar!)

journey up to see my folks tonight then Harumph!

Really wanted to drive the loop today too, its been 2 months too long!

Can I get another Harumph?

HARUMPH!

Thankyou.

Oh right - Sorry about that - not the most switch on on person when it comes to this type of thing.

I wonder if you could get the same type of tyres that the M3 CSL runs - those ones that are barley legal? Wonder who makes them?

Really depends on what Dunlop tyre you run, some versions are better than others.

Toyo's are better value for money tho.

I quite like the Uniroyal rainsport 1's i put on my last lupo gti, great in the wet.

Taz

Uniroyal rainsport 1's i put on my last lupo gti, great in the wet.

Taz

the only tyre i'd ever put on a car to be used in the rain!!! unfortunately they didnt do them in the size for my winters so i ended up with crappy no-grip toyos

i remember reading about one roadtest where in the wet the uniroyal rainsport came below the toyo in terms of traction. but like you i have had heard good reports also.

Yeh but you've gotta listen to the people that have owned the tyre, not the Magasine thats been paid to rave about a specific one...