The wait just gets longer........

Ty

Well ladies and Gents I'll Try to keep this short.

Basically I had my TT on order at my local dealer, He told me a July/August delivery was what I would be looking at I put my deposit down. Anyway I decided to have a ring around some other dealers and found one that had allocations and who could supply me a car by April time great I thought!

So I got a refund at my local dealer and placed one with this dealer over 2 hrs away from me solely on the fact I would have the car 2/3 months earlier!. I finalised spec etc about 3 weeks ago now. and now she has informed me the car wont be ready until June time!! I have in writing from her that I would see the car by April dont spose I have any ammo though do I!!! How annoying is that feel like I have been taken for a mug by this dealership!! angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Edited by Ty

owned coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

I think it goes to show what a set of t*wats some dealers are. It's the underhanded and blatant way in which it's done that infuriates me most about you and the other millions of people who put down money on the proviso of a car arriving on a certain date. The small print generally supports the dealer so the customer is sh*it out and then has to wait until the dealer is good and ready to deliver, all the while having your cash. Like they're doing you a favour. I swore I would never order a new car again without seeing the thing in front of me, which in most cases is not possible. My advice is to go down to the showroom and do some shouting and balling, hopefully in front of some other customers wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

I think it goes to show what a set of t*wats some dealers are. It's the underhanded and blatant way in which it's done that infuriates me most about you and the other millions of people who put down money on the proviso of a car arriving on a certain date. The small print generally supports the dealer so the customer is sh*it out and then has to wait until the dealer is good and ready to deliver, all the while having your cash. Like they're doing you a favour. I swore I would never order a new car again without seeing the thing in front of me, which in most cases is not possible. My advice is to go down to the showroom and do some shouting and balling, hopefully in front of some other customers wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Agree with everything you say, They sent me allocation lists and estimated delivery dates all to get my order seemingly knowing full well they were not going to see the car in April! My plan tomorrow is to call the dealership as a first time caller wanting some info on waiting times for the TT and see what response I get, could be interesting! then I am going to call back and speak to the dealer principle about it maybe nothing can be done now but they will find out how angry I am!!

Edited by Ty

You could also ring Audi UK, explain that you feel that you have been misled, made decisions based on what now appears to be untruths, spent money on mis-information. They may advise you that you have the right to a refund and that you can tell the dealer to stick the order form and all it's legal and binding nonsense up their a*rses. This was my previous experience when dealing direct with customer services. However it does mean that you are back to square one with the order. Hope you get sorted. Whatever, you'll have a great car by the summer. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

if you have it in writing that your car will be delivered in april then when april comes and it isn't there they will have breeched your contract and you can walk away with a full refund (sure they won't have a problem shifting your TT if you don't want it, almost as common as 3 series now.)

Alternativly kick up a bit of a fuss and get them to fix the trade in value on your car (assuming you are traing in) then you will have a car to rack up the miles in but it will be costing them in depreciation if there are further delays. I always get them to fix a trade in value if i'm buying new, nothign makes them shift faster than knowing the longer it takes the less profit they'll make.

Have a read on "the small print"... All the dealerships i have worked in, say on the back of the order that they actually have 6 months to deliver the new vehicle from the date of order.

This does not take away from the fact if you are mis-sold something... your entitled to your money back.

On the flip side i don't think you will have any prob getting your money back(if thats the route you want to go), as they will probally be able to sell the allociation again. But you will be left at the back of the que again... With delivery towards the end of the year.

I did find this one though work, if its any help:

AUDI TT Coupe - 2.0T FSi 3dr Auto (Paddleshift)

0756 1,500 Miles 1 Owner Post Box Red

Not yet due its first proper service UK car Leather

Additional comments: Unmarked condition, physical car, these seem to sell for a BIG premium. please call mobile

PRICE: List (26700)

But your going to need to pay "overs" to own it.

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Just found out though a friend i can get:

A Coupe: July

Convertable: Possibly April

Let me know if its any help.

Neil

Thanks mate but my car is due June time, I have contacted Audi Press Office who are going to look into it for me.

if you have it in writing that your car will be delivered in april then when april comes and it isn't there they will have breeched your contract

Without getting too technical, that doesn't constitute a contract. Thats what is known as an "invitation to treat". Which basically means its not legally binding. An offer doesn't constitute a contract remember.