best place to remap tdi lupo

G40chris

Jabba sport by far !

the only place i'd recomend.

that guy with the blue arosa had his done at custom code and it was rubbish slow and generally knackered

lynsey had hers done at AMD technic who only managed to get it upto 99.4bhp, but when the car was put on a propperly calibrated rolling road it only managed around 94bhp, again, not good enough.

Carters old arosa was done at Superchips, but since selling it the new owner has managed to blow the engine up ??? lose compression ??? or something else ???

Mine was done at Jabbasport, has done 12,000 miles on the remapped ECU had absolutely no problems apart from splitting a couple of boost hoses due to being far too low (lol) and i'm running 100.4bhp @ wheels, 117bhp @ flywheel with 184lb/ft torque

Also Max69vk and Arosa PD had there's done at Jabba, both had fantastic results, and have had no problems so far (apart from arosapd running his on watered down fuel)

Edited by nfbr

that guy with the blue arosa had his done at custom code and it was rubbish slow and generally knackered

All problems were related to the MAF. The replaced one broke almost instantly. The actual custom code software was fine itself and JBS were really good about it too.

As for slow and knackered, far from it. Its got 37k on the clock, and the engine was running sweet once it had a fresh service and everything was checked over.

From the power run I was getting 90hp at the wheels, but didn't get a flywheel figure.

The car isn't slow at all. Just doesn't set the world on fire either rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Personally from what i've seen of an awful lot of VAG TDI PD engines, the actual power output depends on the engine. Sooo many people have had the same 1.9 TDI PD lumps (mostly 130hp ones) and have different powers. Some owners have got 190hp from them while others only get 170hp. Most have the same map too. This applies to the 1.8t engines too. Not every engine is the same, plus i'd rather have slightly less power that is smoother.

I'd choose one that you feel happy from generally. Plus power figures.....take them with a pinch of salt as i'm sure you're aware of the various different power readings power get usually from different rollers. best way is a before and after on the same rollers.

As for opinions, there's always a bad thing to be said about every place from what i've heard. I've heard some bad things about Jabba sport on some other owners cars. But I've heard so many people rave about Revo's too.

Have a look, speak to the places that do them and see what they can offer you.

Edited by g-man85

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jabbasport can do you a full custom remap which'll take about half a day to complete for £425 inc VAT, this is fully customised to your car and will utilise your current engine mods and you'll get a nice printout afterwards. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

We've got a nice waiting room too! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Sofas, TV, Xbox, Free Wireless internet etc

01733 211779

We're based in Crowland, Peterborough.

I'll vouch for the waiting room smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Although i sat there reading magasines instead of playing on the xbox...