Induction kit - gti

Putney

Matt, How much was your induction kit fitted? Did you fit it yourself? does it make any difference?

I bought it of Chris for the princely sum of £30. He even fitted it for me biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Does it make any difference? No, none at all. MPG is the same, as is everything else. Makes a low growl at about 3,000rpm then at 6,000rpm it sounds like a V8.

Not sure if I'd pay full price for one, I'd rather put the £80 towards some other mod. Its nearly a 1/3 of the cost of a good stainless system on your Loop, which WOULD give a small gain, and make a good noise to boot.

Edited By MattyB on June 30 2002 at 15:35

Have you left your old filter box in? have you rigged up a cooling pipe? I like engine sounds biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> so might invest. will it invalidate my insurance?

well i've been on the dog and bone to K&N and they are currently researchin an induction kit for a lupo 1.0 ... the first eva induction kit for the 1.0ltre... shld b out in a month wooohoooo ... only ones i've found for 1.0ltre's are replacement ones soooo im happy... wooohooo

K&N totally replaces the old box, and the engine cover has to come off, so it looks pretty ugly under there...

k&n.jpg

Yes, I've rigged up one cooling pipe, but more would be better....and yes, it will invalidate your insurance (unless declared) AND your warranty!

• 4 weeks later...

I was checking out my engine for space where you could fit intercoolers for charging? I dont want a bonnet vent if I can help it, so as the radiator is so big where could it go? Also I was looking at the air box set up I followed it down to the driver side front wheel arch where to my amazement there is only a tiny hole to let air in. Am I looking in the right place? As I cant belive it can draw enough air through that tiny hole.

could only just get me finger in it. Its visible if you look through the small brake venting honey comb section on the bumper near the toe eye cover. Also i was looking at your rig up of the air cooling pipe is'nt that just sucking in hot air from the radiator as i couldnt find any space to stream in cold air. The radiator is massive. which is really pissing me off as cant see where to put an intercooler without a bonnet vent. i hate bonnet vents! ??? what do you think would be more expensive super charger all turbo?

The air `in-take` draws air from behind the arch liner through a hole i can just about get three fingers through! Its sealed from the vent in the bumber by a big bit of polystyrene. If you disconnect the pipe thats connected to the airbox by two screws you get a pretty good induction roar, its just that the intake temp is a bit higher.

hehe okies sure will biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />... cld start a revolution wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> mwah xx

QUOTE(Black Lupo)
hehe okies sure will biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />... cld start a revolution wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> mwah xx

*cough* I think I started the revolution Sam, dear wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Although Chris had it first, It was wasted on him wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

nooooo no no no nooooo for ickle loops they already do one for gti's tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> and they usin my car tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> *shows off* (only kiddin)

xxx