Pick her up Sunday..

RichC

Well a big thanks to all those who helped me find my new Gti. Subject to the cover note reaching the stealer by tomorrow I'll be driving over to pick it up Sun morning, then a nice blast back over Salisbury Plain to reacquaint myself with that GTi grin biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

A quick tip.. in future try not to organise buying a car when you're the other side of the Atlantic.. the dealer (a small independent) was great, but organising everything else was a right pain!

So think of me tonight, suffering away in First Class, winging my way over 'the pond' whilst you're all out on the rag, or tucked up in bed... it's a tough life, but someone's got to do it!

Now, anyone know someone who'd like an Eos?

damn! i think that was the one i phoned up about yesterday and found out it was sold!

J

Village Green Garages? Sorry blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Actually I thought I'd missed it, when I phoned to enquire someone had first refusal. They were meant to be driving down from Yorkshire to see it, so I left my mates number just in case. Sat morning he got a call as the other person hadn't called to say he was leaving, so I got first dibs....

Good luck with your hunt.....

Village Green Garages? Sorry blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Actually I thought I'd missed it, when I phoned to enquire someone had first refusal. They were meant to be driving down from Yorkshire to see it, so I left my mates number just in case. Sat morning he got a call as the other person hadn't called to say he was leaving, so I got first dibs....

Good luck with your hunt.....

thats cool! it was sods law i was working in liverpool all week so delayed the call to them.

i'm thinking of changing from a 1.8t new beetle to a lupo gti with AC. only driven a 5 speed gti for 10 mins on a very limited test drive so have you any opinions on how it compares with a 1.8t or a similiar 'nippy' car

i have a new shape vw caddy for work and just fancy a change from the bug, so the loop would be for weekends mainly

i'm 34 so wondering if i should be going for something more sensible?!

any opinions? i don't want to feel that the lupo is a step down? got a 2 hour drive in the morning to look at one, but any advice before i decide to go would be gratefully received!

thanks

J

Edited by Jono

i'm 34 so wondering if i should be going for something more sensible?!

Err, I'm 38! Damn the sensible.. life's too short. And the Loop is particularly good. It's actually my 'sensible' car to run alongside the Aston....

lifes too short...........damn i think you are right!

J

As for opinons when I bought my fist Loop Gti I compard loads of similar small cars and it was easily the one that had the biggest smiles per mile factor

have you any opinions on how it compares with a 1.8t or a similiar 'nippy' car

I would have thought a Lupo GTI would be faster than a 1.8T Beetle. They're quicker than the Golfs anyway. Is it a 150 or 180? Should also be more fun to drive, cheaper insurance and better MPG.

Smiles per mile indeed.