Canon EOS 400D and Lens Suggestions

kavlee

Hi,

I've been looking at buying the above, but I'm pretty clueless with lenses and what to go for. Does anyone have any recommendations for packages around the £600 mark?

Thanks

It pretty much depends on what kind of photography you want to do, it comes with (IMHO) a pretty average 18-55mm zoom lens, if your'e looking to landscape/portrait then something like a 18-55 will do, here's a link to a reasonable deal from jessops..

400d kit ,

seems this covers most bases, I'm sure i could find something cheaper, but jessops was on another browser tab...

You could get this to start and then have £200ish to get a longer say 55-200 zoom and you should be sorted

Digital rev

decent zoom here too: Digital rev Sigma

HTH

Edited by Igor

18-55mm is pretty poor.

Nice range, just crap lens.

Have you used a 400D?

My 350D is easier to use if you have larger hands.

Agreed on the 18-55, tis kak, but one of the reasons I skipped the 400D is that it's way too small for my hands, and I could afford the 5D, mmmmm full frame, its incredible resolution, but it's soooo bloody heavy I now have neck strain....

but it's soooo bloody heavy I now have neck strain....

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Wish my 350 had more weight to it, and the 400 is even lighter!

My boss has just bought a D80, mint mint camera!

I've had to add the battery pack, it helps to balance the F2.8 70-200 is zoom perfectly, but the weight is a lot to carry for a long time.....

get the tamron 17-50 2.8 lense. cheaper than the canon and very good.

the grip makes the 350d better to use IMO. makes it a perfect size and better for taking portrait pics which i do a lot.