VW MFD in an 2001 Arosa 1.4 Sport

I fear I will get called a few stupid names after you all read this but to hell with it lol

So I bought an MFD version D and silly me I didn't check to see if it came with a CD. Anyone fancy 'lending' me a 'backup' of theirs??? (See what I did with the words there lol). I'm buggered if I'm spending £90 on a CD!!

I'll be fitting the MFD and giving the motor a wax this weekend so guaranteed pics will be posted!!

Edited by Jonathan

As promised, pictures of my washed and waxed Arosa Sport with MFD installed.

Installing the MFD was possibly the easiest stereo install I have ever done!! Took longer to remove the trim and find a location for the GPS antenna than actually putting the MFD in. Next step, Phatnoise!

I would like to thank bossJohnc for all his good advice. It was greatly apreciated and helped a lot!! If I can help anyone who is planning on doing this mod just drop me an email. I'll do my very best to assist.

DSC00091.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00077.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00074.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00073.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00087.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00088.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00078.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00085.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00092.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00093.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by Jonathan

Thanks guys!! Apreciate the comments biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Can anyone tell me where the lambda sensor is located? Is it that thing sticking out of the exhaust manifold? Think mine needs changing.

looking very nice - what cleaning products are you using?

mfd is very nice too - just need some gti cup holders now for under the dash!

Thanks mate!! I dont use anything special, turtle wax car shampoo with built in wax then turtle wax hard shell wax, armoral tyre shine. The shampoo is a bit of a bitch to dry without streeking.

I'm having second thoughts about those cup holders now. I quite like that little Arosa logo there blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> but then again I like the strips down the side of the doors too blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Yes the lambda probe is fitted to the exhaust.

Take a look at this pic, should look like this

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...mp;#entry329744

Thanks Tigz. I figured it was there, just wanted to be sure before I rip anything out lol.