Side Grilles ?

seat_mike

Looking at improving my cold air feed to to my filter, and was wondering how to remove the grilles to the side. Anyone know how, I'v had a look but cant' figure it out wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by seat_mike

I wouldnt bother routing it through there (even though thats where mine is lodged at the moment rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> )

Apparently the coldest and best air is about 6in up from the ground..

I would suggest doing something like GTI_T has done with his GTI, Use one of the lower mesh grilles for the feed.

Not really sure at the moment, its alright where it is but was looking to see if there was anywhere better to posistion it. Im currently lodged behind the grille aswell but would prefer somewhere else.

Will have a look in the next few days as to where might be good smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thanks mate

were do i buy that silver circular ring thingy ( excuse the lingo )

like gti_t?

Think its just like this (pic below) shoved through a circular hole in the bumper.. Not sure though be best to PM him.

impipercrosscoldairfeedcols.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

If you got a pair of fog lamp aperatures for the lower grills could you not route it down there with no hole cutting? Would the 'trumpet' fir into the aperature?

My side grilles shattered when I took them out. All the top grilles are plastic welded to the surround and you have to break the welds to get the grilles out.

So be careful if playing around just for a look.

Ray

Edited by Silver!

Hi Mike, this a piccie of the front of the car with ducts fitted mate.

Mattblackintakessmall.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Like I said mate, I'm not running an induction kit, but am running ducted cold air fed into airbox. One thing you will have to bear in mind is that, should you (in the winter especially) run in to flooded water that you could hydraulic the engine if water is injested into it. So be careful how you work it!!

Cheers

Mark wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Mark your arosa does look damn sweet wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> and the air inlets are nice and subtle but is it me or has your front bumper changed? i swear you had it as the top and bottom seperate but in that photo they look smoothed together huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

wayne

Mark your arosa does look damn sweet wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> and the air inlets are nice and subtle but is it me or has your front bumper changed? i swear you had it as the top and bottom seperate but in that photo they look smoothed together huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

wayne

Yes Wayne I smoothed it about 10-12 months ago mate. Smoothed all the lines around the lower grilles too. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Mark

Yes Wayne I smoothed it about 10-12 months ago mate. Smoothed all the lines around the lower grilles too. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Mark

Nice shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

wayne