New Arosa..... A Couple of Questions If I May?

Jonathan

Hi All!

Picking up my Arosa 1.4 Sport tomorrow (part ex'ing my dear beloved Golf GTi MK2 sob sob sob).

I have already ordered a VW slot in 6 disc CD changer. I am thinking of going down the MFD road too. I would apreciate any assistance guys.

Question one: Will the CD changer fit in the slot where the rear window heater switch is located or the slot above the heater controls?

Question two: Could the cup holders from a lupo be bolted onto the dash under where the mfd/stereo is?

Thanks in advance guys!! I'll be posting pics of the new motor when I've got it and waxed it a few times!

Edited by Jonathan

Hiya,

Is it the mk2 arosa?

If so you will need to remove your cupholders and trinket tray under your standard radio and it goes in there, if you have the dash mounted type.

Also if a mk2 arosa then you will have a credit card holder under the radio/dash, you can unscrew that and replace it with the lupo underdash cupholders.

Chris

Hiya,

Is it the mk2 arosa?

If so you will need to remove your cupholders and trinket tray under your standard radio and it goes in there, if you have the dash mounted type.

Also if a mk2 arosa then you will have a credit card holder under the radio/dash, you can unscrew that and replace it with the lupo underdash cupholders.

Chris

Thanks mate!! Yeah its a 2001 MK2 Arosa. Don't suppose you know anyone selling the cup holders do you? They seem to be pretty rare on eBay.

If I install an MFD sat nav I will need to find a new location for the CD changer. I was thinking either above or below the heater controls on the centre console but not sure if those spaces are DIN sized.

Thanks mate!! Yeah its a 2001 MK2 Arosa. Don't suppose you know anyone selling the cup holders do you? They seem to be pretty rare on eBay.

If I install an MFD sat nav I will need to find a new location for the CD changer. I was thinking either above or below the heater controls on the centre console but not sure if those spaces are DIN sized.

No i dont sorry, not sure how much they are new from VW though, if you do go for new make sure you get the under dash type rather than the din mounted ones.

Sat nav shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> nice mod. You might be better off going for a boot cd changer in that case as i dont think the other storage spaces are DIN sized.

Chris

First of all welcome to the forum smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Nope neither of the spaces near the heater control's are din sized why not just get a removeable sat nav? i know it doesnt look as posh But its another thing less left in the car for someone to nick in my eyes but each to their own

the cup holders from the lupo can be fitted straight on yes just unscrew the card holder as cardaft saids and they just fit in there now there was a set for sale in the classifieds a while a go so keep watch there or even put up a wanted add you may just find some cheap

wayne

wayne

You have a couple of choices.

The 6N2 Polo GTI came with a boot mounted 6 disc changer.

You could use these, rather than a dash mounted changer, but what Id do is eithr buy a ipod and dension kit, or a phatnoise.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...mp;hl=phatnoise

Thats what this chap did

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=13667

You have a couple of choices.

The 6N2 Polo GTI came with a boot mounted 6 disc changer.

You could use these, rather than a dash mounted changer, but what Id do is eithr buy a ipod and dension kit, or a phatnoise.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...mp;hl=phatnoise

Thats what this chap did

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=13667

Thanks to all for your warm welcomes and advice. Much apreciated!!

Picked up the Arosa yesterday and said goodbye to my dear beloved Golf GTi. Did about 200miles in the Arosa getting to know her lol.

I managed to find someone on eBay selling the cup holders from a polo GTi. Aparently they are the same as a Lupo GTi? So thats that sorted. I may well have to get a phatnoise or boot changer. As you all know though, boot space in at a premium in these motors. Whats the best way to run cables to the boot? I would get removable sat nav but, like bossjohnc, I like the OEM look. Just call me a tart! lol

Anyone know any clever ideas for stopping the door cards rattling?

Here she is, before I drove her home from the dealer.

DSC00065.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00062.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00063.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC000641.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

I have a long list in my head but not sure how much I'll actually be able to afford lol. Planning to keep it subtle though, I'm too old to be adding skirts and slamming to the floor!! Maybe some 16s and coilovers. Might add the factory spoiler and chrome grill bits.

My Golf GTi was a MK2 16V. Went like **** of a shovel but cost a lot to run too. I was surprised how close the Arosa is on performance and handling isn't too different either.