My Yaris T-Sport....Again - New Pics Page 4

tom199

And id want that drunk charged for being drunk and dissordorly at the very least if not him being charged for being the cause of the accident if possible theres far too many piss heads causing accident like this these days

lol, the drunk won't be charged with anything. no evidence to say that the bloke was being disorderly, he may have just been crossing the road normally and a speeding car came round the corner and crashed.

tom is more likely to be charged with driving without due care and attention. he should have been going slow enough to avoid the accident.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he should have been going slow enough to avoid the accident.

Mate, when you come around a corner to find a man stood in the road in the middle of the corner in damp conditions, all I could do was swerve, if I'd braked I would've slid straight into him anyway, all I could do was swerve away from him, after that, I was a passenger.

Mate, when you come around a corner to find a man stood in the road in the middle of the corner in damp conditions, all I could do was swerve, if I'd braked I would've slid straight into him anyway, all I could do was swerve away from him, after that, I was a passenger.

i'm not saying you were in the wrong, but the insurance company and police will see it as you going too fast for the conditions.

Have to say, looking at the length of the skidmarks, you weren't exactly going slowly, were ya!

But bad luck all the same sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Edited by Snoopy

Have to say, looking at the length of the skidmarks, you weren't exactly going slowly, were ya!

But bad luck all the same sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Wet Grass, going backwards, how am I supposed to stop? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

I have to say mate, I'd be amazed if you travelled that distance and lost it that severly at 30mph. The skid marks also seem to start about 50m after the corner, so I'd say that you probably were going too fast for the conditions. Sorry!

Still...sorry to hear you pranged. Glad you're ok though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

sorry to hear the bad news mate, but one question, from reading your description of what happened, and then going backwards into the wall, where along the stretch of grass did you do so much damage to your 'front' end?? mayb im reading it wrong. confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Must be bad black ice down in Guernsey especially so near to the sea.

It could so easily have been two deaths by the sounds of it.

Always sad to see a nice car pranged but a lot easier to replace than a body (whether a drunk or not).

Agree with one of the posters about the tyres. They may still be legal because the tread depth is measured across middle 90 or 95% or tyre width but once the edge has feathered that badly this affects the whole bite of the tyre especially when wet.

I haven't got any links but I am sure that is why racing tyres with a block pattern are so carefully cut. Apparently, when the tyre has a sideways load the sharpness of these edgesis what pushes the water away and keeps the grip. Once they start feathering you don't get the high edge pressures.

I had a similar accident once - no pedestrian involved, just rain early morning and I skidded past a lamp-post so close that it took off my door mirrors. I almost became religious.

Bad luck and keep checking those tyres.

Edited by Molten Jules

sorry to hear the bad news mate, but one question, from reading your description of what happened, and then going backwards into the wall, where along the stretch of grass did you do so much damage to your 'front' end?? mayb im reading it wrong. confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Because I hit the wall at the end of the grass, front drivers side hitting first. Bumper had to be ripped off to move the car though, it was just hanging off.

• 7 months later...

Hey Guys, some of you may remember me dsc022399jv.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

dsc022412yg.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Well after a rather extensive bodyshop visit, it's back!

The green is a Triumph colour, it's green with a Gold pearl.

Here's some new pictures.

dsc00697dt6.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

dsc00696lv5.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC02685.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Next mods on the Agenda, are smoked lights all round, finish my install, Carbon goodies to replace the ones in the crash, and some other bits and pieces smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hope you like it. The colours a little like Marmite, you either love it or hate it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I did find the thread, but I posted a new one as in theory it's a different subject as the last one was about the crash and such? I didn't know it was one thread per car to be honest, but never mind!!! Can you put a note on the topic that the people should start on page 4 and not bother with the past 3 poages then please?

Nice colour mate, Really like it. Looks like you have a good bodyshop smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

to edit the topic note you just edit the first post you made smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />, you have to use full edit though as quick edit doesn't display the title fields

Edited by Joe

looks cool tom cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

....i wouldnt have done two tone but fair play for having the balls - cos it bloody works!

keep up the good work

Love it, not usually of fan of yaris's to be honest but that one looks pretty sweet and the colour codeing on the rim lips is a pure class touch

well done thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

wayne

Love it, not usually of fan of yaris's to be honest but that one looks pretty sweet and the colour codeing on the rim lips is a pure class touch

well done thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

wayne

Thanks, I love the colour coded strip, as when the wheels in motion all you see is a flash of chrome with a green ring biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />