I got the parts back...

I got all of the parts back after my belt change, that's 2 belts, 2 tensioners and a water pump.

The belts have some very minute cracks on the plastic surface, absolutely nothing serious, and I'd say they're good for another 60K personally.

The pump has a little bit of staining from what looks like a very minor leak, and it was probably right to replace it while the work was being done.

The tensioners....

.... look like new, no cracking, no fraying, you could pretty much clean them, put them back in the box and sell them on again.

I don't drive like a granny (all the time tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />), so it looks like maybe the tensioners have changed somehow since the original Polo ones perhaps?

Edited by bossjohnc

The tensioners that went on my old polo gti were not the original ones (originals had already been replaced at 40k miles, it was 90k miles when the tensioners failed), so when the tensioners were replaced in around 2003 surely 'new revised' tensioners would have been fitted to that if they were being used in the lupo gti engine at the time ?

Then again when the tensioners on the lupo were replaced at 60k when I got it, they were in perfect condition ! I was a bit suprised but put this down to the fact the lady owner who had it before me never really revved the engine very often ? Very strange

that was for the polo was it?

i wonder if there is some kind of difference although the engines are the same. your engine was 5 years 3months old. john how old was yours?

4 years, just like it says in the thread title wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Anyone know if the part numbers for loop tensioners are the same as polo tensioners?? (I know they should be...)