14"x8" Et 20????

Plug

you have no chance my lupo is running 7x15 et 20and the rim sits just outside the arch hence the stretched tyres to clear the seam welded and folded archeswith 8's you will need them pulled( non gti)

Im sooooo confused now, i was talking to biggaz who has just had some 14x8 et 25 rims fitted to his mrs loop,and he says they dont rub, and that i should be fine with that fittment of rims (et 20), i was just looking for a 2nd opinion. Hating it if they wont fit correctly had my eye some borbet T's.....

Edited by ricoshay

i'm telling you there will be tears. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

look at the pic of gemmas car.....

the only way they wont rub is if your bumpstops make contact before the tyres do

• 1 year later...

woooooow!!! i had 8x14 et 25 and had no problems with rubbing! the car hit the ground before the tyres! and that was without having the front arches rolled!

im much more a noob than other posters in here but surely et20 isnt that big a difference

Mine scrub a little and are 8x14 ET 20 but not enough to cause any bother. Like Deano says, you can get away with 8's on the front with 195/45/14's. Don't know what the calliper clearance is like on the 8" borbets but haven't heard of any problems. Wouldn't go for 7x14" borbets as they don't have the dish. RSL cults would be nice in 7 on the front 8 on the back.

8x14 et25's DIDNT rub, 8x14 et 20's might just be that bit too much?

B5's foul, borbet t's dont...had both them on the sport.

Liked the look of both, i'd go with the borbets again though..look V similar but direct fit with a little scrubbage if low enough.

Edit, had 8x14 et15 rsl cults too but never tried them on a loop, they DIDNT clear the calipers on my mk1 though lol so not sure about 256's...the mk1 only had 239mm's. Lovely wheel though with a tasty dish. Pricey compared to borbet/brocks.

Edited by biggaz

i've got 8x14 et 15 on mine with 195/40/14 and the edge of the tread sits pretty much level with the arch, if i lowered it a bit more (and i really need to) it may catch but tbh i think my sump will hit the floor before i catch the tyres